Other Services We Provide
Driver Hire Chesterfield & Worksop offers a wide range of other service to meet the needs of every business, no matter how large or small.
Use the navigation links on the left to find more information about our other services from our licence acquisition training services, permanent recruitment solutions and the most recent results from our customer and candidate surveys…
What customers and candidates say about us
We know our customers and candidates are unique and listening is one way we make sure that you receive the highest quality of service. We conduct regular surveys to both our customers and candidates and the feedback we receive allows us to continuously improve the service we offer.
What our customers said about working with Driver Hire Nationwide:
- 97% of people rated Driver Hire’s customer service as Excellent or Good – 83% chose ‘Excellent’
- 87% of customers rate the value for money received from Driver Hire as Excellent or Good
- ‘Reliable service’, ‘personal contact’ and ‘flexibility’ are the top three things our customers said they would miss the most if they weren’t using Driver Hire(responses from 410 customers in December 2023)
- Over the last eight years, ‘Reliable service’ has been the main thing customers said they would miss if they weren’t using Driver Hire(responses from Driver Hire customer surveys December 2016 – December 2023)
Some things our customers said about Driver Hire include:
‘Always go the extra mile’, ‘First class! The best I have worked with, team are fantastic’, ‘Drivers and office staff have all been amazing – friendly, reliable, couldn’t recommend them more’, ‘Driver Hire is brilliant’, ‘Been working with Driver Hire for eight years – never any problems, it’s a pleasure working with you’, ‘My first call for driver needs’, ‘Staff second to none’, ‘Helpful, problem solvers’, ‘Efficiency and professionalism at the highest level’, ‘Take time to understand what we need, they listen and act’, ‘Drivers supplied are excellent and represent our organisation fantastically’, ‘I can’t recommend them enough’, ‘ I wouldn’t use anyone else apart from Driver Hire’, ‘Communication, quality of drivers and willingness to help are outstanding’, ‘100% recommendation’
(comments taken from customer survey responses in December 2023)
What our candidates said about working for Driver Hire Nationwide:
- 95% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire
- Our candidates’ top three reasons to work for Driver Hire are ‘Variety of work’, ‘independence’ and ‘friendly/welcoming place to work’
- 95% of candidates rate the level of respect and service received from their Driver Hire office as Excellent / Good
- 87% of candidates scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend working for Driver Hire
(responses from 1,534 candidates in December 2023)
Some things our candidates said about Driver Hire include:
‘Make you feel valued as a driver’, ‘exceptional company to work for’, ‘all the staff are excellent’, ‘Driver Hire accommodates my work life balance’, ‘fantastic, well paced and super agency’, ‘the best agencies I have worked for’, ‘totally professional and eager to please’, ‘I feel very proud to tell people that I work for Driver Hire’, ‘Staff are awesome’, ‘true professionals’, ‘a pleasure to work with’
(comments taken from candidate survey responses in December 2023)
Upgrade your driving licence
The UK logistics industry is a fast-moving, exciting place to work. There’s huge demand for high-quality professional drivers, so if you’ve got what it takes, you can build a brilliant career. From skilled multi-drop drivers carrying out final-mile deliveries, to HGV tramping drivers – these are the people that keep the UK moving, and you can be a part of it.
You can upgrade your driving licence with our Licence Acquisition Training service. So whether you’re looking to become a lorry, coach, bus or FLT driver, or would like to upgrade your existing HGV licence to Class 1, ADR or HIAB, we can help. We also provide a great way to spread the cost of your training with finance options.
Click the links below to explore your licence options.
Start your professional driving career with the HGV Class 2 licence. Automatically qualifying you to drive any vehicle covered for both LGV C1 and C, it is also the stepping stone to gaining your Class 1 (C+E). More details
Get the most comprehensive licence you can hold, your HGV Class 1. Suitable for anyone who holds or is training for a Category C licence and who wants to increase their earning potential by driving the biggest trucks on the road. More details
Required for all vehicles between 3.5 and 7.5 tonnes, this licence is ideal if you want to upgrade from regular van work but remain in light lorries such as supermarket delivery vans and small rigid lorries. Always in demand. More details
The ADR licence is a special vocational certificate, which entitles you to drive vehicles with tanks or carrying certain categories of dangerous goods. More details
Many commercial vehicles are now fitted with a ‘lorry mounted crane’ – for example for delivering building materials to a construction site or logs to a home. To operate these vehicles, you’ll need your HIAB certificate. More details
To become a professional driver of larger minibuses (9-16 seats), buses and coaches, you need a Passenger Carrying Vehicle (PCV) Category D or D1 licence. More details
If you would like to discuss your driving career and explore your licence upgrade options, get in touch today or submit an online enquiry here.
Recruiting a permanent member of staff can be an expensive and time-consuming process – and with relatively high staff turnover in the logistics industry, it can feel like a never-ending task. Our mission is to provide the professionals you need, when you need them.
With a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we can source candidates using both local and national recruitment channels and you only need to have one point of contact. If you have a one-off requirement or you need a large, high-volume recruitment campaign, Driver Hire can help.
Benefits of using Driver Hire Chesterfield & Worksop
- Experts in the logistics industry
- Access to both local and national recruitment channels
- Extensive national database of candidates
- White collar specialists with a blue collar heritage
- Extremely competitive rates
- Free replacement / rebate guarantees
- No risk – fee only payable on candidate placement
- Reduced administration and hassle
Our permanent recruitment process
Our thorough recruitment process will ensure you get the very best candidate for the job. We will:
- Take a full job brief and ‘person specification’ from you – Details of role, type of person, licence requirements, vehicle type etc
- Search our extensive database for suitable candidates (and advertise if appropriate)
- Interview and reference all candidates (plus assessments and document checks as appropriate)
- Brief matching candidates about the job, ensuring their interest and commitment
- Provide a written shortlist and arrange an interview programme to suit you
- Liaise between you and the candidate through to job offer and acceptance
- Post-placement follow-up
Simply a better way of recruiting
This entire service is at no cost to you unless we successfully fill your vacancy.
Our permanent recruitment service can save you money and ensure you get the best candidate for the job.
Call your local Chesterfield & Worksop team today on 01246 380700.
Driver CPC training
Driver Hire is one of the UK’s leading providers of Driver CPC Training. We offer 26 different JAUPT approved course subjects with interactive and engaging content and have course satisfaction ratings of 98.3%*
The Driver CPC is for professional LGV and PCV drivers. It is a requirement of EU Directive 2003/59, which is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of drivers, and enhance safety on our roads.
All professional drivers, driving ‘for hire and reward’ (on licence categories C, C1, C+E or C1+E for goods vehicles) are now required to have completed their Driver CPC and must carry a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) at all times when driving professionally.
Driver CPC training is an ongoing requirement. The DQC is valid for five years, and having gained their card, all drivers must undertake 35 hours’ periodic training during those five years, or they will not be permitted to renew their card.
Training must be undertaken in 7-hour blocks and the best way for any driver to meet their obligations is to spread their training over several years.
Whether you are a driver who needs to keep up to date with your 35 hours of Driver CPC Training or a company with drivers who need to undertake this, we can help you with your requirements.
To find out more, visit our training website.
*Surveys conducted after completion of training