Other Services We Provide
Driver Hire Runcorn & Widnes offers a wide range of other service to meet the needs of every business, no matter how large or small.
Use the navigation links on the left to find more information about our other services from Driver CPC Training, permanent recruitment solutions, licence checking services and the results of our latest candidate and customer surveys…
Proud to be Driver Hire
Proud to be Driver Hire
We know our customers and candidates are unique and listening is one way we make sure that you receive the highest quality of service. We conduct regular surveys to both our customers and candidates and the feedback we receive allows us to continuously improve the service we offer.
What our customers said about working with Driver Hire Nationwide:
- 98% of people rated Driver Hire’s customer service as Excellent or Good – 79% chose excellent
- ‘Reliable service’ topped the list as the main thing customers would miss if they weren’t using Driver Hire
- 85% of customers rate the value for money received from Driver Hire as Excellent or Good(responses from 444 customers in December 2022)
- Over the last seven years, ‘Reliable service’ has been the main thing customers said they would miss if they weren’t using Driver Hire(responses from Driver Hire customer surveys December 2016 – December 2022)
Some things our customers said about Driver Hire include:
‘Office staff are brilliant and always willing to help’, ‘drivers have excellent work ethic’, ‘excellent all round service and communication’, ‘quality of staff is excellent’, ‘Helped us a lot in hard times, thank you!’, ‘your driver was a credit to you, polite, courteous and made our deliveries in good time’, ‘always good staff sent to us’, ‘amazing’, ‘couldn’t ask for more’, ‘really helpful service at short notice’, ‘a great group of people’, ‘pleasure to deal with’, ‘instrumental in helping us achieve our business goals’, ‘always on hand with a fast and efficient service’, ‘always approachable and willing to help no matter how or what time’, ‘reliable drivers’
(comments taken from customer survey responses in December 2022)
What our candidates said about working for Driver Hire Nationwide:
- 95% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire
- 94% of candidates rate the level of respect and service received from their Driver Hire office as Excellent / Good
- 88% of candidates scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend working for Driver Hire
- 65% of candidates scored 10/10 – they ‘definitely’ recommend working for Driver Hire!
- ‘Variety of work’ is our candidates’ top reason for working for Driver Hire, followed by ‘Independence’ and ‘Friendly/welcoming pace to work’ joint second
(responses from 1,062 candidates in December 2022)
Some things our candidates said about Driver Hire include:
‘Driver Hire is the best I’ve worked with’, ‘highly recommend’, thoughtful, helpful employer that values their drivers – a pleasure to work with’, ‘the best agency’, ‘regular work and paid on time every week’, ‘by far, this agency has been the nicest’, ‘really happy working for Driver Hire’, ‘excellent company to work for’, ‘thank you for providing various opportunities’, ‘politeness and flexibility is excellent’, ‘very professional’, ‘feel part of a big family of people from all different backgrounds and skillsets’, ‘most helpful communicative people I’ve ever worked with’, ‘go above and beyond’
(comments taken from candidate survey responses in December 2022)
Driver CPC Training
Driver Hire is one of the UK’s leading providers of Driver CPC Training. We offer 20 different JAUPT approved course subjects with interactive and engaging content and have course satisfaction ratings of 93%*
The Driver CPC is for professional LGV and PCV drivers. It is a requirement of EU Directive 2003/59, which is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of drivers, and enhance safetyon our roads.
All professional drivers, driving ‘for hire and reward’ (on licence categories C, C1, C+E or C1+E for goods vehicles) are now required to have completed their Driver CPC and must carry a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) at all times when driving professionally.
Driver CPC training is an ongoing requirement. The DQC is valid for five years, and having gained their card, all drivers must undertake 35 hours’ periodic training during those five years, or they will not be permitted to renew their card.
Training must be undertaken in 7-hour blocks and the best way for any driver to meet their obligations is to spread their training over several years.
Whether you are a driver who needs to keep up to date with your 35 hours of Driver CPC Training or a company with drivers who need to undertake this, we can help you with your requirements.
To find out more give us a call on 01928 212 410 or visit our training website.
*Surveys conducted after completion of training
Recruiting a permanent member of staff can be an expensive and time-consuming process – and with relatively high staff turnover in the logistics industry, it can feel like a never-ending task. Our mission is to provide the professionals you need, when you need them.
With a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we can source candidates using both local and national recruitment channels and you only need to have one point of contact. If you have a one-off requirement or you need a large, high-volume recruitment campaign, Driver Hire can help.
Benefits of using Driver Hire Runcorn & Widnes
- Experts in the logistics industry
- Access to both local and national recruitment channels
- Extensive national database of candidates
- White collar specialists with a blue collar heritage
- Extremely competitive rates
- Free replacement / rebate guarantees
- No risk – fee only payable on candidate placement
- Reduced administration and hassle
Our permanent recruitment process
Our thorough recruitment process will ensure you get the very best candidate for the job. We will:
- Take a full job brief and ‘person specification’ from you – Details of role, type of person, licence requirements, vehicle type etc
- Search our extensive database for suitable candidates (and advertise if appropriate)
- Interview and reference all candidates (plus assessments and document checks as appropriate)
- Brief matching candidates about the job, ensuring their interest and commitment
- Provide a written shortlist and arrange an interview programme to suit you
- Liaise between you and the candidate through to job offer and acceptance
- Post-placement follow-up
- Simply a better way of recruiting
This entire service is at no cost to you unless we successfully fill your vacancy. Our permanent recruitment service can save you money and ensure you get the best candidate for the job.
Call your local team today 01928 212 410
Licence Checking Services
Online licence checking service from Driver Hire
If people working at your organisation are required to drive as part of their work, the law says you must check that they are qualified to drive and hold a valid licence.
dh Licence Check, from Driver Hire, lets you review your entire fleet or workforce at a glance, using ‘traffic lights’ to highlight any issues. You benefit from a comprehensive update including licence categories, restrictions, endorsements, expiry dates, conviction dates, disqualifications and much more.
Other features include automatic scheduled checks, an Instant Check facility, paperless mandates giving permission to carry out checks for three years, and a secure, permanent audit trail of every check you carry out.
Find out more about dh Licence Check or call us on 01928 212 410