Proud to be Driver Hire
We know our customers and candidates are unique and listening is one way we make sure that you receive the highest quality of service. We conduct regular surveys to both our customers and candidates and the feedback we receive allows us to continuously improve the service we offer.
What our customers said about working with Driver Hire Nationwide:
- 97% of people rated Driver Hire’s customer service as Excellent or Good – 83% chose ‘Excellent’
- 87% of customers rate the value for money received from Driver Hire as Excellent or Good
- ‘Reliable service’, ‘personal contact’ and ‘flexibility’ are the top three things our customers said they would miss the most if they weren’t using Driver Hire(responses from 410 customers in December 2023)
- Over the last eight years, ‘Reliable service’ has been the main thing customers said they would miss if they weren’t using Driver Hire(responses from Driver Hire customer surveys December 2016 – December 2023)
Some things our customers said about Driver Hire include:
‘Always go the extra mile’, ‘First class! The best I have worked with, team are fantastic’, ‘Drivers and office staff have all been amazing – friendly, reliable, couldn’t recommend them more’, ‘Driver Hire is brilliant’, ‘Been working with Driver Hire for eight years – never any problems, it’s a pleasure working with you’, ‘My first call for driver needs’, ‘Staff second to none’, ‘Helpful, problem solvers’, ‘Efficiency and professionalism at the highest level’, ‘Take time to understand what we need, they listen and act’, ‘Drivers supplied are excellent and represent our organisation fantastically’, ‘I can’t recommend them enough’, ‘ I wouldn’t use anyone else apart from Driver Hire’, ‘Communication, quality of drivers and willingness to help are outstanding’, ‘100% recommendation’
(comments taken from customer survey responses in December 2023)
What our candidates said about working for Driver Hire Nationwide:
- 95% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire
- Our candidates’ top three reasons to work for Driver Hire are ‘Variety of work’, ‘independence’ and ‘friendly/welcoming place to work’
- 95% of candidates rate the level of respect and service received from their Driver Hire office as Excellent / Good
- 87% of candidates scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend working for Driver Hire
(responses from 1,534 candidates in December 2023)
Some things our candidates said about Driver Hire include:
‘Make you feel valued as a driver’, ‘exceptional company to work for’, ‘all the staff are excellent’, ‘Driver Hire accommodates my work life balance’, ‘fantastic, well paced and super agency’, ‘the best agencies I have worked for’, ‘totally professional and eager to please’, ‘I feel very proud to tell people that I work for Driver Hire’, ‘Staff are awesome’, ‘true professionals’, ‘a pleasure to work with’
(comments taken from candidate survey responses in December 2023)
Driver CPC Training in Dundee and Perth
Driver Hire is one of the UK’s leading providers of Driver CPC Training. We offer 20 different JAUPT approved course subjects with interactive and engaging content and have course satisfaction ratings of 93%*
The Driver CPC is for professional LGV and PCV drivers. It is a requirement of EU Directive 2003/59, which is designed to improve the knowledge and skills of drivers, and enhance safetyon our roads.
All professional drivers, driving ‘for hire and reward’ (on licence categories C, C1, C+E or C1+E for goods vehicles) are now required to have completed their Driver CPC and must carry a Driver Qualification Card (DQC) at all times when driving professionally.
Driver CPC training is an ongoing requirement. The DQC is valid for five years, and having gained their card, all drivers must undertake 35 hours’ periodic training during those five years, or they will not be permitted to renew their card.
Training must be undertaken in 7-hour blocks and the best way for any driver to meet their obligations is to spread their training over several years.
Whether you are a driver who needs to keep up to date with your 35 hours of Driver CPC Training or a company with drivers who need to undertake this, we can help you with your requirements.
To find out more give us a call on 01382 339 930 or visit our training website.
*Surveys conducted after completion of training
Some people think of Driver Hire and immediately think of lorry drivers. But there’s much more to us than that.
As a leading specialist recruiter we’re also experienced in finding staff for a variety of other roles, often because a customer wants the benefit of Driver Hire service levels for their wider recruitment needs.
Sectors may vary from one office to the next, but whatever the role, you can count on us to supply well briefed, professional and motivated people that will help you achieve your organisation’s objectives.
The service we provide
When you ask Driver Hire to supply temporary staff we will:
1. Take a full job brief and ‘person specification’ from you
- Details of role, type of person, licence requirements, vehicle type etcDetails of role, type of person, licence requirements, vehicle type etc
2. Search our extensive database for suitable candidates
- All referenced, competency assessed, licence and medical history checked
3. Match those candidates to your specific requirements
4. Brief candidates about the specifics of the assignment in accordance with your own HSE and working practicesBrief candidates about the specifics of the assignment in accordance with your own HSE and working practices
5. Conduct an appraisal at the end of the assignment to ensure our compliance and your satisfaction Whatever time of the day or night you call us, we will tell you if we have someone available within 15 minutes.
Benefits to you:
- A fast, informed response to your enquiry / booking
- Access to a local office with local candidates ensuring timely supply
- Extensive nationwide database of quality assured candidates
- Experienced recruitment staff who understand the logistics sector
- Total flexibility – manage staffing levels for maximum cost-effectiveness and according to demand
- No more interruptions to workflow due to staff shortage
Permanent Recruitment in Dundee
Recruiting a permanent member of staff can be an expensive and time-consuming process – and with relatively high staff turnover in the logistics industry, it can feel like a never-ending task. Our mission is to provide the professionals you need, when you need them.
With a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we can source candidates using both local and national recruitment channels and you only need to have one point of contact. If you have a one-off requirement or you need a large, high-volume recruitment campaign, Driver Hire can help.
Benefits of using Driver Hire Dundee & Perth
- Experts in the logistics industry
- Access to both local and national recruitment channels
- Extensive national database of candidates
- White collar specialists with a blue collar heritage
- Extremely competitive rates
- Free replacement / rebate guarantees
- No risk – fee only payable on candidate placement
- Reduced administration and hassle
Our permanent recruitment process
Our thorough recruitment process will ensure you get the very best candidate for the job. We will:
- Take a full job brief and ‘person specification’ from you – Details of role, type of person, licence requirements, vehicle type etc
- Search our extensive database for suitable candidates (and advertise if appropriate)
- Interview and reference all candidates (plus assessments and document checks as appropriate)
- Brief matching candidates about the job, ensuring their interest and commitment
- Provide a written shortlist and arrange an interview programme to suit you
- Liaise between you and the candidate through to job offer and acceptance
- Post-placement follow-up
Simply a better way of recruiting
This entire service is at no cost to you unless we successfully fill your vacancy.
Our permanent recruitment service can save you money and ensure you get the best candidate for the job.
Call our local Dundee and Perth team today: 01382 339 930
Licence Checking in Dundee and Perth
Online licence checking service from Driver Hire Dundee & Perth
If people working at your organisation are required to drive as part of their work, the law says you must check that they are qualified to drive and hold a valid licence.
dh Licence Check, from Driver Hire, lets you review your entire fleet or workforce at a glance, using ‘traffic lights’ to highlight any issues. You benefit from a comprehensive update including licence categories, restrictions, endorsements, expiry dates, conviction dates, disqualifications and much more.
Other features include automatic scheduled checks, an Instant Check facility, paperless mandates giving permission to carry out checks for three years, and a secure, permanent audit trail of every check you carry out.
Find out more about dh Licence Check here or call us on 01382 339 930