Safe Urban Driving (SUD) is essential training for operators and commercial drivers using goods and public service vehicles.
The course is fully aligned to meet the requirements of:
- Work Related Road Risk (WRRR)
- Fleet Operator Recognition Scheme (FORS) Silver
- Construction Logistics & Cyclist Safety (CLOCS)
SUD is delivered in two parts, theory and practical (on bike). Both parts combined count towards 7hrs (1 day) of Driver CPC training.
The course includes:
- The changing streetscape and the urban environment
- Vulnerable road users and sharing the road safely
- Defensive driving techniques and understand vehicle safety equipment and how to maintain its effectiveness
- Exchanging places, driver attitude and perception
- Introduction to active travel, driver fitness and health
- Hazard recognition: understanding the issues faced by vulnerable road users
By the end of this session drivers will be aware of the risk of the road in relation to vulnerable road users and be able to assess situations to help avoid accidents. They will also gain information about road accident statistics.
Choose the best Driver CPC training for your team
At Driver Hire Training, we believe that Driver CPC can and should be a genuinely worthwhile investment for your business. That’s why we have added SUD to our portfolio of available Driver CPC courses, because not only will your drivers gain hours towards their Driver CPC and fulfil their legal requirements to drive, they will also meet the requirements of WRRR, FORS (Silver) and CLOCS, expanding your potential customer base.
If you would like to know more about how we can help you, please click here to fill in the on-line form, alternatively you can call us FREE on 0808 178 9977