Agency Workers Regulations
Top of page
The Agency Workers Regulations (AWR) became UK law on 1st October 2011. Their core purpose is to align the basic employment conditions (such as pay and holiday entitlement) of temporary workers with those of the people they work alongside, in comparable roles.
Whilst the Regulations don’t change the many benefits to the employer of using agency staff, they do introduce rules and regulations of which all employers must be aware.
As you’d expect from Driver Hire, we’ve produced a number of free resources and materials for our customers to help you manage the impact of the Agency Workers Regulations. Click on the links below for more information:
- AWR e-learning - use our free online e-learning module to learn all about the Agency Workers Regulations, and take the test to check your understanding
- AWR Tracker – our free web-based system allows you to track the AWR status of ALL your temporary agency workers (not just those from Driver Hire), and – critically – will alert you when your temps are approaching the all important 12-week AWR qualification status.
- AWR Information Pack – our free AWR information pack gives an overview of the legislation and explains how Driver Hire can help you manage any changes.
We've also provided some guidance on the Regulations to help you deal with their impact - see below for details on our AWR-related web pages.
- AWR in 60 seconds – a quick summary that explains the major points of the Regulations
- AWR Checklist – use our checklist to help ensure that you and your chosen agency/ies are doing what’s necessary to comply with the Regulations
- Dispelling the Myths – we correct a few of the more common myths surrounding AWR
- How Driver Hire can help – learn more about the different ways Driver Hire can help you manage the Regulations
- AWR Systems – learn more about Driver Hire's new software, processes and reporting mechanisms to help you manage the Regulations
- AWR Resources – a selection of links to useful websites and downloadable resources on AWR
- Contact Us – find details on how to contact us about AWR
Whether or not you’re a current customer, we’d be happy to come and talk to you about AWR. To arrange a free consultation, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dealing with AWR doesn’t have to be complicated – you just need to be working with the right partner.
If you would like any more information on any of the above, please email the AWR team at email@example.com