Benefits of working for Driver Hire as an HGV Driver:
- £12.72-£13.78 per hour, paid weekly on a Friday through PAYE model
- Regular work to suit your needs, full time or part time, Monday-Friday
- Permanent job offers if this is something you are looking for
- Opportunities to obtain HIAB, Moffett or ADR tickets resulting in higher pay rates
Responsibilities of being an HGV Driver:
- Start assignments between 0600-0800
- Work with a variety of customers including bulk delivery work, container, short and long distance and trunking
- Complete prompt and correct deliveries with the use of delivery notes (obtaining signatures when required)
- Assist with additional duties that may be outside the typical driving role, on or off the customers site
- To keep the vehicle clean at all times and carry out daily checks
- Maintain good customer relations by being courteous and helpful at all times
Requirements to be an HGV Driver:
- Cat C+E licence with Digital Tacho and CPC Card (we are able to offer work to new pass drivers)
- Some commercial driving experience
- Full PPE and Sat Nav
Driver Hire are the UK’s leading logistics recruiter who supply drivers to our various clients for holiday and sickness cover, short and long term contracts and recruit for permanent positions too. 94% of our current candidates say they are proud to work for Driver Hire and currently we are looking for a new HGV driver to join our growing team in Ashford and Tonbridge.
Due to the current climate, we are unable to offer a guarantee of hours and are looking for drivers who are flexible with the hours they work. We will strive to offer you full time hours but while we wait for many of our regular clients to begin trading again it would be advantageous if you are happy to also work on Class 2 or 7.5 tonne assignments to allow us to keep you as busy as possible.
We are looking to speak to candidates that live in the Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells, Hastings or Ashford area.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply online or call and speak to us on 01233 662280.