HGV Class 2 Driver
Type of role
Permanent, full time
Days required and shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- 8am to 5pm
Full description of the role
- To deliver goods promptly and cost effectively as instructed by the Depot Manager, ensuring the accuracy of each delivery against the delivery advice note and by using the most economic route in the order of priority of each delivery as instructed.
- To load, drive and unload the vehicle within the regulations laid down by BASIS, statute and the Company which includes handballing goods into customer stores.
- To maintain accurate and timely vehicle and tachograph records as required by the Company and legislation.
- Working in line with company procedures to provide a great level of service for the customers.
- To operate a fork-lift truck safely.
- To maintain the vehicle in a clean and safe condition. Report any defects found daily and by manners and appearance of self and vehicle.
- Must have a hands-on attitude and be able to work in any area of the depot when required and as instructed by the Depot Manager or Depot Assistant.
Skills / qualifications
- Hold Cat C driving license
- Valid driver CPC qualification
- Valid driver tachograph card
- Previous multi drop experience
- ADR license – preferred but no essential (you will be put through ADR training by the company)
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Understand and adhere to drivers’ hours legislation and tachographs
- For insurance purposes, you must have relevant HGV experience, should have no more than 6 points on your licence, and no DD or DR convictions
Why work with Driver Hire
Driver Hire National Accounts is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across the country but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2022), 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 97% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (67%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
Interested in applying?
For further information or to apply please click ‘apply now’ alternatively email email@example.com