HGV Class 1 Driver – Days
Driver Hire Southend are currently recruiting for a HGV Class 1 Driver – to do Day shifts for our Essex based client who supply water and water recycling services. You would be working a local tankering sewage collection shift with full training to be provided over a 2-3 week period. This role is driven by the current COVID pandemic, requirements will be reviewed every few weeks. Typical shift times range from 04:00 AM to 08:00 AM. Overtime is paid depending on requirements.
PLEASE NOTE, you will be working a shift pattern, shifts are typically confirmed a week before hand. Please be prepared to work a mixture of week days, and week ends. This is NOT a Monday to Friday position.
HGV Class 1 Driver Requirements:
- HGV Class 1 Licence and up to date CPC
- Experience driving a HGV Class 1 vehicle
- Ability to follow a shift pattern – you will be required to work a mixture of week days AND weekends, so please make sure you are aware of this before applying
- Trustworthiness and Reliability
- Excellent timekeeping skills
- Ability to work independently as you would be required to go to sites on your own collecting waste water and bringing it back to the depot
- No more than 6 points on your licence
- Excellent communication skills
HGV Class 1 Driver Rates of pay:
- £13 an hour PAYE
- £15 an hour OVERTIME
Why join Driver Hire Southend?
We are part of the Driver Hire Nationwide network and with over 100 offices across the UK, we are the largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter with over 35 years’ experience. Driver Hire Southend treats you as the driving professional that you are, can provide flexible work and in our latest driver survey, 94% of candidates state that they are proud to work for Driver Hire
Before applying, please make sure you have the following for the registration process:
- Proof of ID (passport or birth certificate)
- Proof of National Insurance
- Proof of licences
If you have the skills required for this HGV Class 1 Driver – Days position, please apply as soon as possible or call for more information.