Driver Hire Canterbury is currently looking for a LGV1 driver to work for a variety of our clients based in Canterbury and the surrounding areas.
While working for Driver Hire you will work for various customers on a variety of local and long distance HGV assignments.
If you are looking for days, nights, nights out or a mixture of each we have different roles to offer you.
We supply drivers for holiday and sickness cover, short and long term contracts and some of these roles can lead to permanent positions for reliable candidates.
We offer the opportunity for additional training, this mainly being HIAB for a variety of summer contracts we will be working on.
• Complete prompt and correct deliveries with the use of delivery notes (obtaining signatures when required)
• Assist with additional duties that may be outside the typical driving role, on or off the customers site
• To keep the vehicle clean at all times and carry out daily checks
• Maintain good customer relations by being courteous and helpful at all times
• Cat C+E Licence
• Some commercial driving experience is preferred but we are very happy to work with driver’s that have recently passed their test
• Full PPE and Sat Nav
Hours of work can vary with assignments starting anywhere between 0500 – 0800 each morning.
Monday-Friday with some weekend work available if this is what you would like.
Ideally you will be able to travel to assignments in Canterbury, Margate, Whitstable and sometimes Folkestone.
Hourly rate £12.50 paid through our DH Umbrella scheme (alternative scheme available, please ask for more information) – weekly pay on a Friday.
91% of our current candidates say they are proud to work for Driver Hire, the UK’s leading logistics recruiter so if you are interested in knowing more please apply online and one of our dedicated consultants will be in touch.