The first Driver Hire office opened in West Yorkshire in 1983, initially supplying temporary drivers to local transport firms. Since then, we’ve grown to become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, providing a wide range of drivers and non-driving staff to organisations throughout the UK. Today, Driver Hire is much more than just a supplier of last minute lorry drivers. With over 35 years of experience and a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we offer a full range of recruitment services – temporary and permanent positions, driving work, logistics jobs and more. So, if you’re looking for work, you have come to the right place.
Our client is based in the Leigh area (WN7). They operate class 1 flat bed vehicles to carry out deliveries and collections of empty pallets across the North West. It is a standard Monday to Friday operation with overtime available on Saturdays. Start times are usually 05:00/06:00 and you should expect a 9 – 10 hour day**
- 12 months relevant experience
- CE Licence
- Driver Card
- Driver Qualification Card
- Maximum of 6 points/endorsements with no ‘major’ offences including DR/DD/IN/CD etc.
- Flexible to the occasional Saturday in exceptional circumstances
- Able to use ratchets and straps to secure load
- Physically able to carry out the job role. (Although no handball of pallets is involved, you will still be expected to safely secure your load by throwing straps up and over the load at height)