We are currently looking for a Class 2 Driver for the UK’s largest independent cash and carry based in Northampton
You’ll be delivering to a wide variety of independent retailers within the local area ensuring that they receive their orders in a timely manner and experience fantastic customer service.
This role involves the movement and handling of a large amount of stock which is physically demanding.
Immediate start with long term opportunities
- Working with the depot team to ensure all orders loaded for delivery are correct
- Complete multi-drop deliveries within the local area and within specified timeframes on a daily basis
- Manual handling of stock on and off your vehicle
- Ensure all deliveries are received correctly and payment is received
- Ensure accurate recording of paperwork
- Provide the highest quality of service to our customers at all times
As a competent and experienced HGV2 Driver, you will have a UK Cat C driver licence along with;
- Digital tacho card and full CPC
- No more than 6 points for minor offences
- An understanding of driver hours and regulations
- Good Knowledge of the area
- Experience with heavy lifting
- Previous customer experience
- Punctual and Presentable
- Having an ADR license will be preferable, although training can be provided
Please note – This role involves the movement and handling of a large amount of stock which is physically demanding.
Hours and Pay:
Monday – Friday with a start time 6am
£15.69 PAYE ADV
What we do for you:
Driver Hire Northampton is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Northampton and surrounding areas but it’s more than just an agency job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (January 2022), 96% of candidates are proud to work for Driver Hire. 97% of candidates rated the level of respect & service received from their local office as Excellent or Good. Two-thirds (67%) of candidates scored 10/10 when asked if they’d recommend working for Driver Hire (89% scored 8/10 or more)