We are looking for someone to join one of the top 3 most successful Driver Hire offices (out of 103) here in Saltash. We’d like you to have excellent communication skills to be able to liaise with clients and drivers, and a desire to succeed within the industry. You will need to be positive, cheery and professional in an environment which can often be stressful and busy.
You will be learning how to:
- Assist senior staff in driver selection and recruitment interviews
- Work with the operations systems and take bookings from customers
- Assist the team with any administration tasks as required, such as filing, emailing, calling candidates and clients, license checks and use of in-house computer systems
- Assist with uploading information on new and completed training courses so will need good, reliable, maths, English and ICT skills
- To assist with finance based tasks such as travel expenses
- Be the main point of contact for enquires by email/telephone/post or face to face
The apprenticeship is an “Advanced Level Apprenticeship” – 15 months long. When the course is completed, we envisage that you will join the team on the “on-call” rota, usually 1 week in 4, to field out-of-hours calls from drivers and customers. This is an extremely important facet of our service, of which we are very proud. Being cheerful at 04.00 am is not for everyone, so please bear this in mind when applying.