Who we are
We are the UK & Ireland's leading specialist provider of transport and logistics staff. We also provide recruitment and training (including Driver CPC), and online people management services, across a variety of other sectors.
What we do
We are proud of our reputation - built up over nearly 35 years - for supplying the very best temporary and permanent staff to our customers in industry and the public sector.
Every one of our offices, throughout the UK, provides a genuine 24/7 service, every day of the year. We can provide drivers as well as a vast range of other logistics and non logistics-related roles.
Why we are different
Quality is at the core of everything we do. Whenever you use us, you benefit from our investment in developing people and processes, and our industry knowledge. Our rigorous business systems are endorsed by our ISO 9001 accreditation. We are an ‘Investor in People’ and are members of the Recruitment & Employment Confederation (REC), the RHA and the FTA.
Much more than driving
Driver Hire is proud to offer its customers ‘much more than driving’. We supply a full range of drivers and also staff in many other roles. While people are the heart of our business, it’s the service we offer you that is our paramount concern. We are always looking for ways to add value, helping you to operate more efficiently and more profitably.
When you hire a member of staff from us, you’re also buying peace of mind. They will have been thoroughly vetted and assessed, helping you to ensure that everyone working with you complies with all relevant legislation. We often provide training for drivers, for example through our Driver CPC training programme or via eLearning, to help ensure that our staff have a sound working knowledge of the rules that govern our industry.
Driver CPC Training
The Driver CPC is well established as a mandatory requirement for almost all professional LGV and PCV drivers. All such drivers must undertake 35 hours’ ‘periodic training’ every five years. If a driver fails to meet their Driver CPC training obligations, they are not legally allowed to drive commercially until they have completed the necessary training.
The good news is, Driver CPC offers significant benefits to both drivers and business owners. Training subjects may include fuel efficiency, understanding key legislation like EU Drivers’ Hours and RT(WT)R, City Driving and Vulnerable Road Users, Health & Safety, Customer Service and more.
Driver Hire Training is a leading provider of Driver CPC training, having delivered over 130,000 driver training days since 2010. We can help you and your drivers meet their Driver CPC obligations. Visit www.driverhiretraining.co.uk to find out more.
How we ensure you get the best possible service
1. Candidate Recruitment
To ensure that the people we supply to you are of the highest quality, we have a rigorous and highly selective recruitment process.
Application and Interview
All candidates complete a detailed application and interview process, including:
- Two work related references
- A Health & Safety questionnaire
- Eligibility to work
Drivers undergo a 150-point skills assessment, including validation of all licences and a detailed accident history check.
We regularly check compliance across the following areas (where applicable):
- Customer specific competency tests
- EU Drivers’ Hours Rules, RT(WT)R & Tachograph Regulations
- Vehicle technical knowledge and the Highway Code
Candidates also receive:
- A full customer specific assignment briefing
- Our Code of Conduct and Health & Safety at work information
2. Assignment Management
We have procedures in place before, during and after an assignment. This allows us to ensure that our quality standards are effectively monitored and maintained.
- A full briefing is completed including customer Health & Safety requirements
- Relevant vocational certificates (e.g. HIAB, ADR etc) are checked and updated
- We ensure each candidate is happy with their assignment before they set off
During an Assignment
- All our customers and personnel have 24-hour support from their local office
- Accurate timesheet data is collected to ensure your invoice is accurate
- Working hours are regularly monitored throughout an assignment, helping to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation
- Comprehensive debrief
- Timely return of tachographs (where appropriate)
- Customer and candidate satisfaction surveys
- Development of new services in response to customer demand
3. Training & Investment
We continually invest in training our people and developing our processes, to maintain our market-leading position and improve our service to you.
- Ongoing legislation and technical education process
- Driver CPC training
- Fuel efficient driving techniques
- RTITB-accredited compliance training
- Licence acquisitions & upgrades
- Specialist skills training (e.g. HIAB, ADR etc)
- Risk management training
- Customer specific training
- Bespoke business processes
- IT systems and website
- Ongoing development of new training initiatives
- Driver licence checking service
- Consultation on legislation
- National industry events
- Development of bespoke insurance & risk management products
4. What this means for you
Quality Assured Service
- You will be provided with a suitable, appropriately skilled candidate
- Your candidate will arrive on time, ready to start work
- Your customers will always see a friendly face
- We help your organisation to run smoothly, 24 hours a day
- Your vehicles will be driven by safe, competent and caring drivers
When you book a driver, they will always be fully compliant with:
- Road Transport (Working Time) Regulations
- EU Drivers’ Hours Rules
- Tachograph Regulations
In summary, who else can provide you with all of this?
FlexibleWe can provide some or all of your workforce
You only pay for the hours you use
No hidden costs
Cost Effective ProcurementNational co-ordinated recruitment services
Simplified low cost administration
Fuel Efficient Drivers10-30% reduction in fuel usage
Lower maintenance costs
Lower accident rate
Trained StaffInvestment in staff training
Enhanced customer service
Do you need help with your driver needs?
Whether it's just short-term cover or someone on a longer basis, get in touch today.Get in touch