£30,000 – £35,000 per year + BONUS
Type of role
Full time, permanent
Days required and shift pattern
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift
We are currently recruiting for a Transport Manager to join our client (a leading wholesaler supplying to independent merchants and retailers).
You will be responsible for effectively managing a team within a fast paced environment -promoting health & safety, along with driving efficiencies to enhance the services offered to customers.
- Checking/reviewing and managing health & safety and transport compliance at the site.
- Planning and reviewing delivery routes to maximise vehicle utilisation/ driver usage and fuel efficiency.
- Responding to changes in resource requirements.
- Coaching and giving feedback to drivers to ensure compliance with current legislation and dealing with infringements promptly.
- Ensure that vehicles are inspected and maintained as per the company requirements and in accordance with goods vehicle operator’s licence.
- Ability to make decisions quickly, flexible, and logical attitude to problems – erratic volumes, vehicle breakdowns, delays.
- Knowledge and understanding of financial aspects of operating a commercial vehicle fleet – numerate and analytical.
- Driven to make changes where required.
- Manage all site risk assessments.
- Ensure site audit scores are within the set out requirements.
Skills / qualifications
- Previous experience in a Transport Manager role
- Proven experience of promoting a strong focus on health and safety
- Transport Manager CPC (Desired not essential)
- Exceptional people management skills.
- Strong ability to motivate and lead a team.
- Able to communicate effectively, improve standards, and performance.
- A good understanding of Transport legislation and best practise.
- Strong organisation skills.
- Key attention to detail.
- Good communicator – both written and verbal skills.
- Positive and friendly work environment
- Annual performance related bonus scheme
- Company pension
- Life insurance
Interested in applying?
For further information or to apply please click ‘apply now’, alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org