Minibus Driver Wanted!
The hours of work will be 8pm-6pm, 4 days per week (your days of work will vary between Monday and Friday, so some flexibility will be required)
£9.25 Per hour
Start date 19th April
Working as part of the organisation’s transport team you will be responsible for operating a minibus service for staff, students and equipment.
Other duties will include vehicle safety checks, basic vehicle maintenance and vehicle cleaning. You will be an experienced minibus driver with category D1 on your driving license and a good knowledge of the local area. You will also be confident to work independently.
Responsibilities of the Staff Minibus Driver will include:
- Transportation of staff and students between locations and undertaking other journeys as required
- Ensuring all passengers are secure within the vehicle
- Ensuring the comfort, health & safety and welfare of passengers
- To interact with staff appropriately, communicating information regarding delays or vehicle issues in a timely manner
- To operate the minibuses and equipment in accordance with the transport policies and procedures including undertaking daily maintenance and safety checks. Ensure any faults or problems are promptly reported.
The successful Minibus Driver will have:
- Full Driving Licence with D1 category
- Previous driving experience (MiDAS not essential but would be an advantage)
- Experience working with people
- A clean DBS check and experience of working with learning disabilities would also be an advantage
- Good standard of education and literacy
- Good understanding of road safety, operation of vehicles and health and safety
- Knowledge of basic vehicle maintenance checks
If you are interested, please send your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01452 525255 (Monday to Friday 9am-5pm)