Do you have a Class 1 licence?
Are you available immediately?
If so, Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow want to hear from you!
We are currently recruiting for a Class 1 Driver for our client based in Braintree on an ongoing temp basis.
Our client, who has been a well-known construction material wholesale for over 30 years, require someone who is available immediately to keep up with their growing business demands.
The successful candidate’s duties will involve; driving a Class 1 vehicle whilst transporting products to different customer sites. You will be required to use ratchet straps while doing so, due to the nature of this business. However, because of the weight of these products, they will be forklifted on and off by other workers once at the site.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be aged 22 and over (insurance purposes)
- Have no more than 6 points on their licence (insurance purposes)
- Have at least a years’ experience driving a Class 1 vehicle (insurance purposes)
- Have experience using ratchet straps (strapping down loads)
- Be available immediately
Monday to Friday: 7am – 5pm
Inc. Holiday Accrued – £13.73 per hour*
Exc. Holiday Accrued – £12.25 per hour
+ Overtime Rate
Minimum 8 hours pay per shift.
*holiday is required to be requested in writing by the worker each week on their timesheet.
Why do we think you should choose Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow?
- We offer competitive rates of pay for HGV drivers.
- We have Temp, Perm, and Temp to Perm opportunities available.
- We have an experienced team with a ‘family feel’ providing an excellent service.
- We are genuinely here to help 24/7.
- We pay weekly.
- We award Candidate of The Month to 1 chosen candidate each month.
- We go that extra mile for our workers, like sending candidates birthday cards.
Recent Survey Results:
- 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire.
- 95% of candidates rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good.
- 2/3 of candidates said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
But don’t take our word for it… take a look at our website to view some of the reviews from both our clients and candidates we receive on a weekly basis.
Unfortunately, we are unable to respond to every application. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days, this means you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for applying for this role.