Position: Tanker Driver HGV2
We here at Driver Hire are currently looking to take on multiple experienced HGV class 2 drivers with an ADR licence to work for one of our clients based in Ivybridge. Our customer is the leading supplier of gas in the UK and is looking for experienced, professional CatC Drivers to join their team on an ongoing basis. This is an exciting company to work for, who provides a supportive and inclusive working environment.
They are renowned for their industry expertise and whilst representing the company as one of their respected ADR Drivers, you will be highly committed to providing their customers with a friendly and engaging service, whilst delivering products in an efficient, safe, and professional manner.
About the job:
- Ongoing full-time work on a rota basis 42.5 hours per week (likely to work some weekends) – Potential for permanent positions for the right candidates.
- Shifts normally start around 6am.
- Delivering commercial propane and butane gas products.
- Generous bonus scheme for long term placements.
- Pay is from £17.31 – £25.98 per hour with lots of overtime opportunities available. (Advanced payroll method inclusive of holiday pay)
- PAYE – Internal payroll meaning we don’t use umbrella firms!
- Weekly pay.
- Training and PPE will be provided.
- A full and valid Category C (Class 2) licence with an in-date CPC and Digi and ADR cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Valid ADR ticket is required.
- Previous HGV driving experience would be highly beneficial.
- The ability to lift and carry items throughout the day, as well as driving, is a requirement due to the physical nature of the job.
Please be aware that the advertised pay for this job role is an advanced payroll method, meaning the rate is inclusive of your holiday pay at 12.07%. We are more than happy to accommodate a standard payroll method if you prefer to accrue and take holiday separately.
Here at Driver Hire Devon & Cornwall we are small, friendly business and we like to connect to candidates on a more personal level, if you are interested in this role feel free to give our office a call and we would be more than happy to answer any questions you may have – please ask to speak to either Jordan or Lisa on 01752842888 for more information.
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth) and Victoria (near Bodmin). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 97% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 88% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.