Keeping yourself and others safe while working on assignment for Driver Hire
Please note that the following information should be read in conjunction with our general Covid19 advice to drivers, which can be read here.
To help reduce the spread of Coronavirus, the Government has issued guidance on how workers in the logistics sector can stay safe when working in or from vehicles.
Based on this guidance we have put together this short checklist of points to note when working on assignment for Driver Hire.
Many businesses will have put in place additional controls and procedures – please check with any company you are working for and ensure that you follow their rules. If you have any questions, raise them with either the client or your local Driver Hire office.
If you have any queries or concerns about working safely whilst on assignment with Driver Hire, please contact your local office.
- Wherever possible, maintain the recommended 2 metre social distancing from other workers and members of the public. If the nature of the work means this is not always possible, you should follow the guidance of the client
- To help facilitate social distancing, operators may vary shift times. Please check each booking confirmation carefully, even if you have worked for the customer previously
- You may find that loading and delivery processes have been adapted to facilitate social distancing – please ensure that you follow any instructions provided
- Where it is necessary to travel in a shared vehicle, sit next to the other occupant rather than one behind the other, wherever possible
- In shared vehicles, ensure good ventilation and air flow, for example by opening windows where appropriate
- Many companies are trying to ensure minimal or no contact deliveries – please follow revised delivery procedures as communicated by the customer
- Maintain good personal hygiene by increasing the frequency of handwashing. Also ensure that you regularly clean the vehicle you are working in.If you are declined access to welfare facilities, please inform both the client and your local Driver Hire office immediately.
If you have any queries or concerns, please contact your local Driver Hire office.