Driver Hire are recruiting for a yardhand/labourer for a permanent role with one of our long term customers based within the Truro/Falmouth area. There will also be a requirement for you to occasionally go out on deliveries to the client’s customers.
Salary and hours:
- £8.40 per hour raising to £9.55 after initial 3 month trial period.
- You’ll be starting at 7:00am and finishing around 5:00pm.
- 40 hours per week.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be responsible for ensuring the safe loading, transportation and delivery, along with the collection of various goods.
- To carry out manual tasks involved with the loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles.
- To identify and quantify company materials involved in deliveries and collections.
- To ensure that accurate records are maintained for the vehicles such as daily check sheets, tyres and fluid levels, digital tachograph records, delivery/collection notes etc.
- To assist in yard duties when not involved in driving which may involve loading and unloading of company and customer vehicles.
- To follow all Health & Safety directives from the company.
- Full compliance with driving hours and other current transport regulations.
- Communication with office, yard staff and customers.
- To fully contribute towards the overall safe and successful business performance and growth of the SSD.
Skills and Experience:
- Full, clean UK driving license is essential
- Naturally assertive with the ability to negotiate agreeable solutions.
- Comfortable working in a complex, challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and manage change, and constantly challenge the status quo.
- Determined and resilient, with the drive to complete tasks.
- A counter-balance forklift license would be beneficial.
This role is very physically demanding and would suit someone with experience in scaffolding.
For more information, please contact Ben on 01208 811611 during office hours between 9:00am & 5:00pm.
What Driver Hire can offer you?
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work within the Cornwall and Devon from our three offices based in Saltash (near Plymouth), Victoria (near Bodmin) and Buckfastleigh (near Newton Abbot). We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social so why not join our community online on Facebook by searching Driver Hire Plymouth, Cornwall and South Devon.
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates.