Driver Hire Uxbridge are now recruiting a “Waste Porter” for Hillingdon Hospital Trust. This is an on-going role through Driver Hire Uxbridge, should a full-time vacancy open up with the hospital you would be eligible to apply.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
Supporting the Waste Team in the daily management of rubbish generated by the Hospital.
- Reliability and diligence, the role is largely unsupervised, however overall performance is monitored closely.
- This is a physical role, involving the collection and handling of large wheelie bins.
- Parts of each day will be spent outdoors in all weather.
- The job involves bringing empty bins to each ward and department in the hospital and removing the full bins to the on-site recycling area.
- Some bins will be moved by a van, others will be moved by hand.
- Awareness of health and safety processes, you will handle Covid-19, it is safe when the correct PPE and procedures are followed.
- Physically fit and active, our oldest worker is currently 70, the youngest in their 20’s.
- The role is open to all genders, ages and backgrounds.
- A positive attitude and team worker.
- UK Driving licence with experience of Luton Vans & tail lift is useful but not essential.
- Organised and able to manage your time effectively.
- Flexible – Available to work overtime and weekends.
This Hospital requires 7 day working to include weekends during Peak Periods.
Working days typically: Monday to Friday or Tuesday to Saturday 9hr to 11hrs per day between 6.00am and 5pm
In return, we will offer:
– Daily pay, 8hrs guaranteed every shift.
– Lunch break is not paid.
– Rates of pay:
Monday to Friday £11.00 basic + Holiday Pay – TOTAL £12.33
Saturday, £14.27 + Holiday Pay- TOTAL £15.99
Sunday, £16.95 + Holiday Pay- TOTAL £19.00