Night Van Driver. Full time. 6 nights per week. £27,698 per year
Driver Hire is recruiting for a number of Full Time Van Drivers (Cat B) for one of the largest dairies in the country. This is a night time job. Our client needs a van driver to work 6 nights per week. Sunday night to Friday night.
The role involves delivering a range of chilled and fresh foodstuffs including milk, yoghurt, cream and so on to houses throughout the Hampshire and Surrey region. You will be equally at home driving a van in both town and country environments.
Full training given, over a 10 week period. At the end of this you will be comfortable doing 250 to 300 drops per night. Great training. Our client promises customers that all deliveries will be on the doorstep by 7am, so they do not want you to fail. Lots of on-going help, advice and training.
You will need to be physically fit, and able to walk several miles a night and confident to work alone.
Great salary of £27,698 to reflect work 6 nights per week.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous night time and delivery experience.
*** Benefits, Hours and Pay for the Van Driver ***
- £27,698 per annum when permanent
- 25 days paid holiday
- 6 nights per week
- Sunday to Friday night
- Start times are typically 11.00pm
- Finish time generally 7am
*** Responsibilities of the Cat B Van Driver ***
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Load vehicle and plan your route
- Expect to deliver between 250 and 300 drops per night
- Deliver dairy products on defined routes
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations are always followed
- Follow all rules of the road and safe working practices
- Log deliveries and orders onto the Electronic Rounds Book (ERB)
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
*** Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver ***
- UK Cat B licence
- Night work and delivery experience preferred
- You must be comfortable working alone at night
- Verifiable references
- No more than 6 minor penalty points
*** To Apply ***
- Call Richard or Phill on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide.