Driver Hire are the UK’s leading logistics recruiter who supply drivers to our various clients for holiday and sickness cover, short and long term contracts and recruit for permanent positions too. 94% of our current candidates say they are proud to work for Driver Hire and currently we are looking for a driver to join our client on a permanent basis in Broadstairs.
You will be given extensive training for the first 4-6 weeks by double manning with an experienced driver.
Benefits of working for Driver Hire as a Van Driver:
- £8.75 per hour, paid weekly on a Friday – once permanent the salary will be £24,312 pa
- Night work, 6 nights Monday-Saturday (48 hours per week) Start time between 2000-2300
- Temporary to permanent role, based on a 10-week contract with Driver Hire
Responsibilities of being a Van Driver:
- Deliver milk and dairy products to residential customers on a designated door to door round
- To deliver an excellent customer service experience in line with the customer’s 7am guaranteed delivery time
- To ensure vehicles are kept clean and smart at all times and to ensure it is operated in line with Company procedures
- Keep accurate records in order to account for all sales and monies collected and adhere to the Company’s security procedures with regard to handling the paying in of cash
Requirements to be a Van Driver:
- Cat B licence
- Maximum 6 points
- Must be comfortable working alone and with early starts/night work
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the role
- Full PPE and Sat Nav
We are looking to recruit drivers that live in the Canterbury, Whitstable, Margate, Ramsgate and surrounding areas.
If this sounds like something you would be interested in, please apply online or call and speak to us on 01233 662280.