Driver Hire are looking to recruit a 3.5t Luton Driver for a permanent position, driving and delivering mobility products/ furniture to residential homes. Depending on the home delivery, you may be working on your own or alongside an engineer as a two man team.
All training will be provided on the job, you will be required to complete a minimum of 6-month probationary period
Hours and Pay
- Start times between 3.00 to 7.00am
- The starting times can be as early as 3:00am and the finish time varies pending on the start time/location.
- Overnights are a must which will be planned and hotel booked.
- Maximum 3 night away per week and overtime maybe required.
- £8.91 – With a view to increase after successful probation period
- Full-time, Permanent, 50-60hrs per week
Responsibilities and Duties
Delivering items throughout the UK into residential homes, you will unwrap the items and let the customer check/sign all paperwork.
- Driving 3.5 ton Luton Vans
- Loading & Unloading
- Calling customers prior to arrival – Mobile phone will be provided as some customers may need a call 30-60 minutes before the delivery
- Unpacking Mobility Product/ furniture items and assembling in customers homes
- Completing a full demonstration for the customer
- Removing all packaging
- Diagnosing and repairing all mobility products
- Taking some cash payments
- Carrying out vehicle checks daily and weekly – reporting any faults to the office
- Taking the vehicle home and keeping it clean/tidy
Qualifications and Skills
- Driving experience – 3 years
- Excellent customer service skill
- Home delivery experience ideal but not essential
Would you like to learn more about this exciting permanent opportunity? If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience and would like to be considered, please apply online today. For further information, contact Kenny at Driver Hire Halifax on 01422 361999.