The first Driver Hire office opened in West Yorkshire in 1983, initially supplying temporary drivers to local transport firms. Since then, we’ve grown to become the UK’s largest specialist logistics recruiter, providing a wide range of drivers and non-driving staff to organisations throughout the UK. Today, Driver Hire is much more than just a supplier of last minute lorry drivers. With over 35 years of experience and a nationwide network of over 100 offices, we offer a full range of recruitment services – temporary and permanent positions, driving work, logistics jobs and more. So, if you’re looking for work, you have come to the right place.
This role is running out of Wigan (WN1) This role offers the opportunity to be part of a globally acting service provider.
Our client has experienced an extreme spike in growth from the start of the COVID-19 pandemic and are continuing to experience this growth – so much so that they are opening a new depot almost 3 times the current size.
As a parcel shop driver you can expect:
- 10:00 start time
- Any 5 days from 7 (6th day available if desired)
- 10 – 18 collections of parcels which are sacked within drop off/pick up locations – These include corner shops, hairdressers, post offices etc.
- Load and unload your vehicle
- You can expect an 8 – 12 hour shift
- 3 months driving experience
- Flexible to work Saturdays – NOT EVERY WEEK!
- A ‘can do’ attitude