Driver Hire Edinburgh City are currently recruiting for Cat B Van Drivers for a waste collection contract based in the Edinburgh area. This role would be on a temp-to-perm basis, in which you would be working alongside us with our client for 12-weeks, before being taken on permanently.
- 0630 starts Monday to Friday; an average of 50-55 hours per week.
- This role involves the collection of waste from different commercial properties. Also involves manual handling including the loading and unloading the vehicle, daily vehicle checks.
- Candidates will also be helping out as a porter for HGV drivers from time to time when van driving work is quiet
- Candidates with over 6 months commercial van driving experience and previous experience of manual handling are highly desirable. Good customer service skills and a knowledge of the Edinburgh area would be advantageous.
- Rate of pay is £10.00 p/h, with overtime after 8 hours paid at £13.33 p/h.
Prior to application, we ask that candidates have:
- Valid licence with no more than 6 points (DD, DR, or IN endorsements are not accepted due to insurance stipulations)
- Safety boots and hi-vis
To apply, please contact Clifford on 0131 624 7711 or send your CV to email@example.com
The application process involves arranging an appointment to come in to your local office to fill out some registration paperwork and complete any relevant checks.
We have a wide variety of opportunities available including warehouse and driver’s mate work, and driving roles including Van, HGV, 7.5T. Please contact us for more information!