Van Driver. 5 days per week. Cat B Van Driver. Farnham. £21,000
Driver Hire is recruiting for a Full Time Van Driver (Cat B) for a privately owned plumbing supplies company. Our client needs you to work 5 days per week. Monday to Friday.
It’s a small, family run business, where everyone helps each other. You will be equally happy driving the van as well as possibly spending time in the stores or on the phone as necessary. It’s refreshing to get this sort of variety in your working day.
You will usually deliver between 10 and 15 drops per day. Not too heavy, but double radiators do take some effort! You will deliver a range of plumbing components . . . from taps and pipes, to baths and radiators.
Long wheel based van. Previous delivery experience is preferred.
**** Hours And Pay for the Van Driver ****
- £21,000 per annum
- After an initial 3 month temp to perm period
- 28 days paid holiday
- Monday to Friday
- 8am to 5pm
- (1 hour lunch )
**** Responsibilities of the Cat B Van Driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle walk round check
- Assist with loading the vehicle and planning your route
- Ensure products are safely strapped and secure
- Expect to deliver between 10 and 15 drops per day
- Ensure all delivery paperwork is accurately completed and signed
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Follow all rules of the road and safe working practices
- Drive a long wheel base, high top van
- Possess the flexibility to “go the extra mile” and have a full commitment to providing excellent customer service
- Be physically able to load and unload by hand. Hand balling is required
**** Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver ****
- UK Cat B licence
- No more than 3 minor penalty points
- Verifiable references
- Delivery experience preferred
**** To Apply ****
- Call Richard or Phill on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide. Call us anytime about this, or one of our many other driving vacancies.