Driver Hire Reading are recruiting for a 3.5T Van Driver to work for a company in Aldermaston. Our customer provides a collection service to the UK Brewing industry. The containers consist of kegs, casks and gas cylinders used for the dispense of beer products in pubs.
• Driving a long wheel based Ford Transit type van between various locations in and around Southern England area collecting / delivering Kegs, Casks and Gas Cylinders.
• Emptying any full / part full kegs & casks at customer locations prior to collection
• Manually sorting any containers collected once returned to the Yard
• Sorting Containers using a Counterbalance FLT
• Loading and unloading vehicles ranging from small vans to HGV’s both manually and using a Counterbalance FLT
• Up keeping of all necessary paper and electronic records associated with vehicles, collections, deliveries, stock keeping etc…
A significant level of heavy lifting should be expected although the vast majority of the containers handled will be empty. The work area is external and therefore subject to adverse weather conditions.
The pay rates on offer are as follows:
- £11.25 per hour basic
- £13.75 per overtime.
These rates are paid on a PAYE model, and are inclusive of advanced holiday pay.
There is a minimum of 8 hours pay per shift.
Successful candidates will have the following:
• Full Clean Driving License
• Ability to work unsupervised
• Ability to operate a SATNAV system
• Able to operate a mobile telephone (Android Smart Phone) along with business related applications
• Excellent communication skills (internal & external customers)