Salary: £26000.00 per year
Driver Hire Stevenage are recruiting a van driver for a local audio & visual equipment supplier base near Hitchin.
- Driving the company’s vehicles to deliver and collect equipment to various performance venues and sites around London, the SE and the UK nationally.
- Driving to deliver and collect equipment from the warehouses of other technical suppliers around the UK.
- Many deliveries and collections are outside of standard working hours, by nature of the business. Working hours and shift schedules will include the requirement to work outside of standard office hours. Often driving schedules will change at short notice or additional deliveries will be requested from site. A flexible and adaptable approach to working hours will be vital.
- Assisting technical crew on-site with loading equipment into /out of a venue.
- Planning routes and departure times, for deliveries. Punctuality is absolutely vital in this deadline-driven industry and you will be required to plan your route and establish departure times and loading scheduling to ensure deliveries are made at scheduled times.
- Loading and unloading of equipment from vehicles. The role involves an element of manual handling of bulky and heavy technical equipment.
- Maintain the company vehicles in a clean and presentable condition, internally and externally at all times.
- Perform regular basic routine maintenance checks on company vehicles. (Fluid levels, tyre pressures, lights etc.)
- Monitor and book servicing and maintenance for company vehicles.
- Collecting and returning rental vehicles, vans and trucks from vehicle hire suppliers as required.
Skills & Qualities Required:
- Full UK Driving Licence, to include category B (cars and vehicles up to 3500kg).
- Demonstrable experience of driving a range of goods vehicles, including 3500kg long-wheelbase panel vans.
- Wide experience of driving in London / South East England, with good knowledge of best routes / known traffic problem areas etc. Ability to re-route around unanticipated delays and drive under initiative and common sense.
- No major driving offences / disqualifications / convictions at any time.
- No at-fault insurance claims within preceding 5 years to declare.
- Clean driving licence preferred. Maximum of 3 penalty points on licence for minor offences only.
- For vehicle insurance purposes, all applicants must be aged 25 or over.
- Good communications / interpersonal skills. Fluent speaker of English language.
- Flexible and adaptable. Able to respond to short-notice changes in working hours and schedules.
- Basic IT knowledge with a working knowledge of Microsoft Word / Outlook etc. Training will be provided in the use of stock management system – Current RMS.
- Basic maths skills and arithmetic required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proactive, self-motivated individual capable of working on their own initiative in a constantly changing and pressurised environment and fast developing company.
- The ability to work as a member of a team and to provide and receive input from other team members is vital