We are looking for a reliable and hardworking Van (CAT B) Driver to start immediately for our client based in Dorchester completing deliveries for an Electrical Wholesaler on a temporary basis for the next 4-6 weeks.
Aged at least 21, you must know how to get about your local area. You’ll also need to have had a full UK driving licence for at least two years and currently have no more than 3 penalty points.
A positive attitude is much more important than delivery driver experience. Helpful and enthusiastic, you should really care about the customers and be a good team player who can work on your own initiative.
Key responsibilities to include:
- Responsible for delivering electrical components to various sites and/or homes.
- Efficient delivery of between 5-12 drops per day.
- Assisting with Warehouse duties as and when required should your shift finish earlier.
- Accurate completion of all paperwork and returned to the client at the end of the shift.
- To ensure that the vehicle is driven in accordance with the Highway code and other road users.
- It is essential that all vehicle checks are completed prior to you leaving the clients premises for your first delivery, any defects recorded and reported.
- Communicate with the client any delays or delivery issues as and when they occur.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times
You must have / be able:
- A valid Cat B licence
- No DD, DR or IN convictions for insurance purposes only.
Pay & Hours of work:
- Monday to Friday 08:30am – 16:30pm
- £8.72 per hour
- Wages are paid on a weekly basis all PAYE
- Holiday accrued from your first shift (Pro rata)
- Pension provided after qualifying period
What we can offer:
- Regular work to suit your availability
- Minimum of 8 hours guaranteed per shift
- Family run business with experienced & respectful recruiters
- To be part of our team
To apply, call 01823 332100 to arrange to register on line or make an appointment to call into the office to register. Due to Covid 19 restrictions all candidates visiting our office must comply with government advice, face mask must be worn (these can be provided)
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport & logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing driving work throughout Somerset from our office in Taunton. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire