Charity shop transport manager £24,500
Driver Hire is looking to recruit a full time Transport Manager / Lead Driver for a chain of local charity furniture shops.
The charity supports children with a horrible skin disease, and needs as much help as possible. They have 26 shops all around the south, with territories now also stretching north and west.
The transport team works in teams of 2, collecting donated furniture and bringing it back to the shop, delivering furniture purchased and also distributing bags of donated clothes between other shops in the area.
There will usually be around 12 collections a day of various household furniture items across the Guildford and surrounding areas. May be even as far south as Brighton. The role can be physically demanding as furniture of all shapes and sizes is being donated. You will need to be able to help carry it upstairs.
The Transport Manager will work on a daily basis with the drivers, but also oversee the department’s smooth operation. This will include training, vehicle checks, implementing collection routes, fuel card control, ensuring vehicles are serviced and maintained etc.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with previous supervisory experience, who wants to make a difference to children who need support.
**** Benefits, Hours and Pay ****
- o.t.e.£24,500 per annum (£10.34 per hour)
- 8am start daily
- Rotating shift pattern (6 days one week, 5 days the next)
- 28 days paid holiday
**** Responsibilities and Requirements of the Transport Manager ****
- Maintain two vehicles and a team of 4 drivers daily
- Ensure daily vehicle inspection checks are done
- Assess the quality of furniture being donated to ensure it meets quality standards for resale
- Be reliable, polite and professional as you will be entering private houses and be the face of the charity
- Arrange efficient route planning and navigation
- Teach the operatives safe loading and unloading
- Assist with carrying furniture into houses and flats as may be necessary
- Assist with changing shop layouts and furniture displays
- Follow all rules of the road
- Full UK driving licence (Cat B)
- Previous supervisory experience
- Verifiable work references
**** TO APPLY ****
- Please call Richard, Phill or Chris on 01252 233000
- or email your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest provider of specialist recruitment services to the logistics industry, with over 100 offices nationwide we pride ourselves on our candidate satisfaction and in a recent survey 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work with Driver Hire. Every year we place 1000s of drivers into new roles, both permanent and temporary.