Driver Hire are recruiting on behalf of our Leicester based client.
They are a fast paced business which operates a fleet of vehicles from vans to HGV.
They are currently looking for a Transport Manager to join their team to manage their fleet operations on a full-time basis working in Beaumont Leys.
Experience and Skills Required:
• Must hold a current Operators CPC Licence
• Preferably have previous experience in a Transport Manager / supervisor role
• Experience of working with driver teams
• Ensure the fleet runs compliantly including inspection and maintenance of vehicles
• Monitoring the reporting and recording of vehicle defects by drivers and immediate action taken to remedy any vehicle defects found
• Plan and schedule vehicles on a daily and weekly basis whilst also ensuring multi drop deliveries are planned accurately
• Monitor and maintain the fleet
• Ensure all paperwork is completed correctly by the drivers and submitted on-time
• Ensure drivers complete walkaround checks
• Ensure the drivers comply with drivers’ hours as per driving laws
• Effectively manage the transport activities to comply with the O licenses requirements
• Monitor and maintain Health & Safety performance with safety procedures
Salary: £40k -£50k + dependant on experience per year
If you’re interested in this role please click ‘apply’ or email your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org