Driver Hire are looking to recruit a Transport Co-Ordinator to work with our client on an initial temporary basis, with the view to a permanent role for the right candidate.
You will be working for a nationwide logistics company, specialising in online furniture home delivery.
Annual salary: £28,000
- De-brief all vehicles on their return from deliveries to maintain stock integrity and check for vehicle damage and cleanliness
- Checking all equipment used by the delivery crews on a daily basis
- Collate and distribute regular updates to delivery crews
- Maintain a positive relationship with all delivery crews
- Work closely with all staff members who contribute to daily deliveries including warehouse and Health and Safety
- When time permits you will assist the rest of the team within the Transport Office to complete daily duties
Required Experience and Skills
- An understanding of IT and experience of Microsoft Office
- Be organised and able to prioritise, record accuracy is essential
- Problem solving in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in the office environment and over the telephone
- An understanding of transport systems Flexipod, Vision, Telematics would be an advantage but not essential
Previous experience in the logistics sector or home delivery is an advantage but not essential to the role if you are able to demonstrate other relevant experience in other professional work settings.
You are responsible for your allocated workload and must meet all targets as agreed with your Line Manager. You must contribute towards the smooth running of the organisation generally.
For more information please call and speak to us on 01732 770005 or apply online and we will be in touch.