Driver Hire Northampton have a unique opportunity for an organised, passionate and pro-active individual to join one of the UK’s most exciting online retailers, where you will have the opportunity to grow and progress with the company.
We are looking for someone with a flair for Customer Service and who is able to approach their role with energy and enthusiasm.
In this role, you will play a key part in with the co-ordination of the activities and distribution services out of our Northampton depot. Alongside this, you will assist our customers with queries through phone and e-mail.
This opportunity may lead to a permanent position for the right candidate. As a temporary to permanent opportunity, you will initially join Driver Hire Northampton and be paid on a weekly basis. Upon successful completion of your temporary period, you would then transfer to the company as a permanent employee.
- Correct planning of routes using a computer based planning system
- Respond to Customer Service queries on a daily basis
- Update driver’s hours, holiday, and sickness onto the appropriate records.
- Carry out any other clerical duties such as photocopying, writing letters, filing and yard checks as and when required
- Understand and adhere to company and site health and safety rules
- Ensure all accident forms are completed actioned and filed correctly.
- Work according to the Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) at all times
- To open up & lock up the depot as and when required
- Cover for the transport team in their absence i.e. during breaks/ holidays/ sickness
Hours and Pay
The role is 40 hours per week, working mainly 05:30-14:00 with a need for some flexibility.
Other pay methods are available (PAYE ADV,UMBRELLA AND LTD)
- Mature approach, pragmatic, tenacious with attention to detail.
- Dedicated to getting the job done but able to have ‘fun’ as well.
- Assertive, can do, makes things happen attitude.
- Passionate and creative thinker, able to translate to pragmatic solutions.
- Flexible and adaptable to evolving business needs
- Able to multi-task.
- Hard working / flexible.
- Quicker thinker – challenge and change process
- Ability to learn and push yourself to progress with the company
- Basic knowledge and understanding of a computer
Education & Experience Requirements:
- GCSEs or equivalent in Mathematics and English.
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual leave days and the chance to buy more holiday entitlement.
- 15% discount in-store (off sale items too)
- Paid days off for your birthday, moving home, charity and children’s first day at school
- Opportunity to join the Sharesave scheme
- Genuine career opportunities
- Ongoing training aimed at your development
- Awards for long service
- Cycle to work scheme
- Peoples pension
- Access to our ‘Home Comforts’ portal that offers savings on shopping and holidays, amongst many other offers.
If you feel this job is for you or you would like some more information then please call 01604 670199 or email your cv to Northampton@driverhire.co.uk
What Driver Hire can offer you
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company and Driver Hire Northampton can provide regular, ongoing work in Northampton and surrounding areas. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 81% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.