Driver Hire Wolverhampton & Walsall have an exciting opportunity for a Training & Driver Compliance Manager for our client in the Wednesbury area.
Previous experience is essential.
Your role as Training & Driver Compliance Manager will be to lead the development of our clients Training & Driver Compliance programme across their UK network. You will be mentoring and motivating whilst reducing damage, enhancing performance resulting in the increase of our service capabilities. You will have excellent leadership and influencing skills.
The Training & Driver Compliance Manager main duties and key responsibilities will include:
- Manage driver induction, development and ongoing training including DCPC, safe, courteous, fuel efficient driving & load security
- Manage Driver Mentor training team
- Manage driver compliance with all statutory obligations, company policies, procedures and instructions, whilst ensuring working time regulations are met
- Research, produce and record SSoW, SOP’s
- Support and guide new internal and external HGV candidates via direct training and apprenticeships
- Raising the profile of the company through networking activities and developing relationships with existing and new drivers and training providers
- Participating as required in business-wide projects, as a representative of the distribution operation
- Supporting the Health, Safety and Operational teams to ensure all H&S, Environmental and Quality targets are met and to a high standard and ensure that it is all kept up-to date
This Training & Driver Compliance Manager role is permanent. Salary is dependent upon experience, up to £45,000 per annum.
About the company
They started out over 10 years ago and have become a go-to delivery company. They are independent and family run with a fleet of over 300 vehicles ranging from vans to HGVs. They operate a delivery network across the UK. They pride themselves on engaging with the best people who share their values and determination to maintain the highest standards from start to end for their customers.
To be considered for this fantastic Training & Driver Compliance Manager the following is essential:
- Recent experience as a Driver Training Manager
- Vehicle telematic experience
- High achievement drive
- Excellent stakeholder management
- Ability to absorb and analyse information quickly and accurately
- Transport legislation knowledge
- Ability to prioritise improvement activities for greatest organisational impact
- Experience of introducing procedural compliance
- HGV Class 1 licence
- Full DCPC
- Manager CPC qualified preferable
For more information regarding this exciting Training & Driver Compliance Manager position please call Neville at Driver Hire Wolverhampton and Walsall on 01543 502210 or apply online today with your up-to date CV and someone will be in contact with you.
Why work for Driver Hire?
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. 95% of candidates rate the level of respect and service received from their Driver Hire office as Excellent / Good (highest ever score) (responses from 1014 candidates in December 2020). Some things that Candidates said about working for Driver Hire include ‘friendly and welcoming atmosphere’, ‘a pleasure to work for’, ‘very good at keeping me informed’