Driver Hire is the UK’s leading specialist transport and logistics recruiter, with a network of over 100 franchised and managed offices nationwide. With an increasing number of our offices enjoying sustained revenue growth during such challenging times, it’s a great time to join and be part of the Driver Hire Network. As part of this development, we are currently recruiting for a Trainee Business Development Manager for our Slough office near Heathrow Airport. This opportunity plays an essential role in the growth plans for the office and as such you will be responsible for increasing revenue in line with annual budget and company/individual targets. How you will make a difference: Your main role will be to support the managing director and the rest of the team in growing the business to achieve set goals through relationship based selling and ultimately maximising revenue and growth for the company. You need to be a focused, proactive self-starter and able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, you will have an enquiring mind and will constantly be looking to drive efficiency in the way that we develop business. You will be keen to bring to the business a fresh approach and best practices of how to achieve and maximise revenue and profit, whilst also looking to help the branch to innovate as we grow. Responsibilities:
- Identify new clients and source leads for potential business through networking, territory mapping, cold calling, telesales and face to face sales.
- Understand client needs and goals, and how they align with what Driver Hire has to offer and anticipate the future needs of the clients.
- Fully support the business, in particular the managing director, in all sales activity and transferring qualified prospects into new business.
- Keeping abreast of industry trends.
- Produce regular internal reporting of how your core pipeline is progressing and what activities have proved most effective.
- Work collaboratively across the business with all members of the team to drive growth and continuous development.
- 2 + years of experience in a recruitment capacity with sales quota-carrying responsibilities and a proven ability to deliver and exceed targets.
- Excellent prospecting skills and an eye for new business.
- Experience with using MS office.
- Willingness to learn.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communicational skills both written and verbal
- Passionate about promoting best practice for business development.
- Competitive Basic Salary (Dependent of experience)
- Performance Related Commission
- Company Phone
Due to the high volume of applicants currently, we are only able to respond to those who have been shortlisted. If we have not had a response within 5 working days of application, please assume your application has been unsuccessful, however please keep an eye out of our other roles which may suit.
Driver Hire Slough are proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds regardless of their age, sex, race, disability etc. We also have a thorough vetting process which includes a 5-year employment history check and a credit and criminal record check.
PLEASE CLICK APPLY NOW to be considered for this role.