Driver Hire is recruiting for a Temporary Van Driver (Cat B) for one of the largest dairies in the country. This is a NIGHT TIME job. Our client needs a van driver to work 6 nights per week. Sunday night to Friday night. The role is expected to last about 6 weeks.
The role has been created to allow our client to meet increased demand at this time. It may be that you do not even need to drive on some nights, but assist in the stores operation instead. So we need flexible people.
The role involves delivering a range of chilled and fresh foodstuffs including milk, yoghurt, cream and so on to houses throughout the Hampshire and Surrey region. You will be equally at home driving a van in both town and country environments.
You will need to be physically fit, and able to walk several miles a night and confident to work alone.
The successful candidate will ideally have previous night time and delivery experience.
*** Benefits, Hours and Pay for the Van Driver ***
- Paid £80 per shift (on a proper PAYE system)
- Plus holiday pay.
- 6 nights per week
- Sunday to Friday night
- Start times are typically 11.00pm
- Finish time generally 7am
*** Responsibilities of the Cat B Van Driver ***
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Load vehicle and plan your route
- Expect to deliver around 250 drops per night
- Deliver dairy products on defined routes
- Ensure Health and Safety and Food Hygiene regulations are always followed
- Follow all rules of the road and safe working practices
- Log deliveries and orders onto the Electronic Rounds Book (ERB)
- Be flexible – some nights you will assisting in the stores instead of driving
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
*** Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver ***
- UK Cat B licence
- (held for a minimum 12 months)
- Night work and delivery experience preferred
- You must be comfortable working alone at night
- Verifiable references
- No more than 6 minor penalty points
*** To Apply ***
- Call Richard, Chris or Phill on 01252 233000 to apply
- Or email your CV to Guildford@driverhire.co.uk
- This role is being filled through Driver Hire, the UK and Ireland’s largest specialist supplier of recruitment services to the transport and logistics industry, with a network of over 100 offices nationwide.