Our client’s nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small hand tools to companies within the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors. The Kidlington Depot is looking for a Small Tool Fitter.
As a Small Tool Fitter you will play a pivotal role in the success of the depot by ensuring that customers can hire what they want, when they need it through the efficient servicing and maintaining a variety of plant and tools within our client’s fleet.
- Do you have transferrable skills – such as mechanical knowledge?
As part of the high-performing depot team, you will be responsible for identifying and repairing any faults or damage to equipment, accurately updating service records and at times you may be required to complete repairs on customer sites.
- Job Title: Small Tools Fitter
- Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Salary: £26k – £28k per year depending on experience
- Job Type: Full Time – Temp to Perm
- Hours: Monday to Friday 0700-1700 hours
- Hourly salary whilst working through Driver Hire: £12.50 per hour PAYE Adv
Successful Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- Carry out PAT Testing on all electrical tools
- Test and run electrical tools to ensure they are in good working order prior to hire
- Tagging all electrical tools when test and run completed.
- Service and Repair all Petrol and Diesel tools
- Maintain up to date knowledge of products and full range of accessories
- Completion of all test certificates and associated paperwork
- Do you have transferrable skills – such as mechanical knowledge
- Assist in ensuring availability of Top 50
- Assist with general workshop duties
- Driving duties during holidays and periods of absence.
- Ensure workshop is clean, tidy and well organised
• Competitive salary and bonus scheme
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• The option to buy up to 5 days additional leave
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Employee Welfare Fund (Company-funded social events)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Health & Wellness (Well-being Hub, Employee Assistance Helpline, Annual Flu Jab)
• Overtime at an enhanced rate and Standby/Call Out rota
What we do for you
Driver Hire Oxford is recruiting on behalf of our client to find their next new team member. We provide varied work but it’s more than just “an agency” job with us. We offer a warm and friendly place to work and we’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey, 95% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 94% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good.
If you have read this and feel you fit the criteria, get in touch! Apply online or give Rachel a call at Driver Hire on: 01865 798 998. Call during office hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm