We are currently seeking an experienced skip hook driver for a waste management company based in the Belfast Area
This is a full time permanent position for the right candidate
- Ensure that at all times H&S regulations as issued by the H&S Manager are adhered to
- A valid, current HGV driving licence and CPC appropriate to the vehicle allocated.
- Operation of the company vehicle allocated as instructed by the Management or authorised member of staff and in accordance with the company rules and work instructions.
- Due care of the vehicle and all ancillary equipment to prevent any damage or loss.
- Reporting of any vehicle defect to the management and other circumstances or occurrences as per work instructions.
- Co-operation with the company’s customers in the performance of all orders.
- Ensure good timing keeping is achieved on daily basis punctuality is crucial.
- Wear essential PPE at all times
- Ensure that when on a customers site that all of the customers H&S regulations and site rules are adhered to.
- Ensure all allocated breaks when required, 1 hour taken off each day
- Excellent customer service at all times.
- Carry out a visual inspection on all waste before accepting responsibility for the container.
- Ensure that the collected waste is compliant and the amount is not in excess of the capability of the vehicle.
- To carry out a pre-departure inspection every day and when changing to work on another vehicle or starting a shift.
- Ensure all essential documentation accompanies every load
- Ensure vehicle is clean and tidy, all documentation is available for inspection and that is locked and secured when not in use.
- Report and issues to management eg, accidents, injury, damages, services, spillages, customer complaints.
- Carry out regular vehicle maintenance checks as per the driver’s daily inspection sheet.
Pay and Hours:
- Monday – Friday – Various start times
- £11.25- with bonus in place paid each month
- Overtime on a Saturday available
- Driver Assessment onsite
- Pre-employment checks
If you are interested in this role and want to find out more please contact Driver Hire on 02890997633 or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org