We have a fantastic opportunity to join our client in Abingdon, who is looking for a full time, permanent Skilled Sheet Metalwork Fabricator to join their ever expanding team.
Working Hours, Salary & Benefits
- £28k-£40k depending on experience
- 25 days annual leave, plus Bank Holidays
- 2-4 weeks training
- 07:00am – 19:00pm – Mon-Thu (60min break) – 4 days
- 07:00pm – 07:00am – Mon-Fri (60min break) – 4 nights
- 44 hour week
- Alternate week shift pattern and 20% shift allowance
- Buy/sell up to 5 days’ holiday
- Life insurance
- Excellent professional development opportunities
- Social events
Job Description – Skilled Sheet Metalwork Fabricator
We are looking for a Skilled Sheet Metalwork Fabricator to work within our clients performance heat shield manufacturing department. The role involves sheet metal forming, assembly, machine operating etc. Experience specifically in spot welding is not essential but would be a bonus.
About the role
- Forming and handling of thin gauge sheet metals, 0.1-1.0mm experience would be beneficial.
- Use of press and form tooling.
- Reading, understanding, and working to engineering drawings.
- Complex measuring.
- Use of sheet metal forming hand tools.
- Resistance fast spotter welding and spot weld machining.
- Actively supporting parts, tooling, and process improvements.
What we do for you:
Driver Hire Oxford is recruiting on behalf of our client to find their next new team member.
Visit our local office page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts.
We can provide permanent, regular or just ongoing and varied work around the Oxfordshire area. It’s more than “just an agency” job for us. We offer a warm and friendly place to work and we are proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey 97% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 95% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We offer temporary and permanent driving jobs, non-driving work and Driver CPC training.
If you are interested in the above role as a Skilled Sheet Metalwork Fabricator and are looking for an immediate start to work then call our friendly team at Driver Hire Oxford on 01865 798 998 (during office hours Monday to Friday, 0800am – 1700pm).