Retail Sales Assistant
Job Type: Perm
- Monday to Saturday – 9.30am to 5.30pm
- Sunday – 10.30am to 4.30pm
- 5/7 days required
About the Job
We are looking for a friendly sales person to assist customers in our store. The sales person is responsible for welcoming customers and advising on our products and services. Candidate Profile Sales & customer facing experience Furniture retail background is preferred but not essential Positive attitude with a “can-do” outlook Comfortable with IT systems & technology Outgoing personality that can interface with all levels within the business Good team player Good communications skills Ability to follow policies & procedures Wants to keep learning and improving and open to new ideas and sales techniques.
The main responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure sales targets and margins are achieved and maintained
- Manage and monitor the effective use of company policies and procedures
- Embrace training and development
- Ensure stock is managed effectively
- Always demonstrate and maintain exceptional customer service
- Maintain and develop showroom product merchandising
- Always conduct yourself professionally, working closely with colleagues from all areas of the business
Hours and Package:
- Realistic site specific OTE £35k per annum
- Basic salary meets NMW plus market leading commission
- Pension in line with Auto-enrolment legislation
- Staff purchases at cost after qualifying period
- Salary: £17076.80
- Retail Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- Sales Experience
Why work with Driver Hire?
Driver Hire Birmingham South is part of Driver Hire Nationwide, the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruiter. We are proud to have been able to support local operators during the Covid-19 pandemic and are now looking for additional drivers to join us and help be part of their recovery.
We provide regular, ongoing and varied work from multiple clients across Birmingham and surrounding areas but it’s more than just a job with us. We treat you as a true professional and offer a warm and friendly place to work. We’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey (December 2021), 96% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 97% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good and nearly two thirds (67%) said they would ‘definitely’ recommend working for us.
If you think you’d be suitable for this role, we’d love to hear from you!
Click “Apply” or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Aden on 07773 099257