RECEPTION TEAM LEADER – PERMANENT
Our client is currently looking for a Reception Team Leader to join their Hotels team.
- To receive guests to the hotel by greeting them warmly and attend to their enquiries in a professional and courteous manner whether in person, telephone or email.
- Inform customers of the services and up-to-date accommodation rates and promote special offers.
- Identifying guest service opportunities before they arise and action requests quickly.
- Providing leadership and good management which utilises the full potential of the team.
- Delivers the necessary training to all team members on an ongoing basis.
- Manages the rotas for Reception in line with the manning guidelines.
- Promoting effective relationships with individuals and other departments.
- Setting measurable performance standards, objectives and goals to be achieved.
- Administer all reservations including, cancellations and no-shows, in line with company policy in a prompt and efficient manner.
- To manage credit/debit card and cash transactions, counting floats on each shift and deal with the Loomis banking, ensuring compliance with Data Protection, financial regulations and company policy.
- To keep up to date with current promotions and hotel pricing, to provide information to guests, on request, whilst maximising bedroom and other sales opportunities.
- To fulfil all reasonable requests from guests to ensure their comfort, satisfaction and safety.
- Proactively seek out sales leads and pass them to Group Hotel Sales Team.
- Deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Promote and represent the work and ethos of Gretna Green Limited and follow its policies and procedures at all times.
- Minimise risk for all in-house credit accounts by taking pre-authorisations.
You will need:
- A minimum of two years of previous hotel experience in a reception environment.
- Have a natural and friendly personality where you genuinely care about our guests and the service they receive.
- To go above and beyond what our guests expect from us to make their stay a special and memorable one.
- Show the same level of care for the team, as the guests – It’s about supporting one another to be the best you can and to do the best job everyone can.
- Previous experience working in the role of a receptionist is preferred.
- Experience working with Guestline/ Rezlynx Software is advantageous but not essential as training will be given.
Rate of pay: Competitive salary dependant on skills, qualifications and experience
Job Type: Permanent, full-time