Our client’s nationwide Plant and Tool division hires a range of equipment including diggers, dumpers and small hand tools to companies within the construction, utilities and infrastructure sectors. The Kidlington Depot is looking for a Plant Mechanic.
As a Plant Mechanic you will play a pivotal role in the success of the depot by ensuring that customers can hire what they want, when they need it through the efficient servicing and maintaining a variety of plant and tools within our client’s fleet. As part of the high-performing depot team, you will be responsible for identifying and repairing any faults or damage to equipment, accurately updating service records and at times you may be required to complete repairs on customer sites.
- Job Title: Plant Mechanic
- Location: Kidlington, Oxfordshire
- Salary: £30k – £32k per year
- Job Type: Full Time Permanent
- Hours: Monday to Friday 0700-1700 hours
Successful Applicants should demonstrate the following:
- To diagnose faults and repair/maintain a variety of plant in the GAP fleet including compressors, mini- excavators, dumpers, small tools etc, both on and off site
- Check and tag all equipment and update service records
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of products and full range of accessories
- Completion of all test certificates and associated paperwork
- Abide by customer Health & Safety rules when on site
- Keep workshop and vehicle (where provided) organised, clean and tidy and assist with general workshop duties as and when required.
- Carry out any other reasonable duties as deemed necessary by the Foreman or General Manager
• Competitive salary and bonus scheme
• Up to 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
• The option to buy up to 5 days additional leave
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Life Assurance
• Employee Welfare Fund (Company-funded social events)
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Health & Wellness (Well-being Hub, Employee Assistance Helpline, Annual Flu Jab)
• Overtime at an enhanced rate and Standby/Call Out rota
What we do for you
Driver Hire Oxford is recruiting on behalf of our client to find their next new team member. We provide varied work but it’s more than just “an agency” job with us. We offer a warm and friendly place to work and we’re proud of the fact that in our latest satisfaction survey, 95% of candidates said they were proud to work for Driver Hire, 94% rated the level of respect received as Excellent/Good.
If you have read this and feel you fit the criteria, get in touch! Apply online or give Rachel a call at Driver Hire on: 01865 798 998. Call during office hours Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm