Pershore – Cleaning Supply and Service Company – Deputy Manager rising to Manager
We are looking to employ a deputy manager who will aspire to ‘fit into the shoes’ of the current manager who is due to retire in the next 12 to 18 months.
This is a multi-faceted, hands-on, role requiring a flexible approach and an acceptance that you will be expected to lead by example.
Whilst not exhaustive, the list of day-to-day duties will include:
- Supervising the loading of delivery vehicles and checking inventory
- The organisation of staff rotas, and the induction of new staff, with particular emphasis on Health and Safety issues
- Providing support in areas where there may be a shortfall in staffing due to illness, which will include a willingness to ‘get your hands dirty’ on occasions
- Liaising with clients on a day-to-day basis, and using your initiative to solve common issues or avert possible problems
- Supporting staff from a variety of backgrounds and differing perspectives on life
- Giving insight to the senior management team highlighting issues of concern, staff performance, customer feedback on all matters
- Thinking on your feet in an ever-changing working environment.
Are you the right person for the job?
The person the client is looking for will be:
- A self-starter, capable of organising their own day, as well as that of his or her team, whilst recognising such plans might change at any time
- A down-to-earth, hard-working, natural leader with good communication skills, equally comfortable with providing support to junior staff, identifying resolving minor problems before they get out of hand, and maintaining the best of relationships with the customer, responding to their needs in a timely fashion
- Open to the challenge of a multi-faceted job that has an infinite number of variables all of which need to be managed to ensure the company continues to run smoothly
- Confident enough to bring forward new ideas, hold their own within a strong management team, and to discipline and support junior staff in a manner that highlights issues of concern without placing others on the defensive, whilst ensuring all personnel feel part of a highly valued team.
- Hold a current UK Driving licence with a maximum of 6 points for minor offences and be willing to drive throughout Worcestershire at short notice.
Feel this is the job for you?
If you are interested in applying for this job please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a brief supporting email outlining how you are the person for the job. We will be conducting telephone interviews in the latter half of October with a view to shortlisting those for face-to-face interview in late October / early November.
If you would like to know more, or if you have any questions, please call Andrew on 07811 326 379.