Driver Hire are recruiting for a full time Van Delivery Driver (Cat B) for one of the largest dairies in the country which is based in Newbury. Our client needs a van driver to work 6 nights per week (Sunday night to Friday night).
The role involves delivering a range of chilled foodstuffs including milk, yoghurt, cream and so on to houses throughout the Berkshire postcode area. You must be comfortable driving a long wheel base van in both town and country environments.
Full training is given, which extends over a 6 week period. At the end of this you will be comfortable delivering to anywhere between 250 and 300 doors per night.
These are busy shifts and with the right attitude, combined with good training from the company, you will be fully prepared. You will not be asked to work on your own until you’re ready.
- £26,678 per annum when permanent
- Paid £100 per shift during the initial 10 week temp to perm period
- 25 days paid holiday
- 6 nights per week
- Sunday to Friday night
- Start times are typically about 11.00pm
- Finish time approx. 7am
Successful candidates will:
- Perform daily vehicle inspection
- Load vehicle and plan your route
- Expect to deliver between 250 and 300 drops per night
- Interact with other staff and clients in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver dairy products on defined routes
- Ensure health and safety and Food Hygiene regulations are always followed
- Follow all rules of the road and safe working practices
- Log deliveries and orders onto the Electronic Rounds Book (ERB)
- UK Cat B licence
- Night work and multi drop experience preferred
- You must be comfortable working alone at night
- Verifiable references
- No more than 6 minor penalty points
Please apply ASAP if you are interested in the role.