Driver Hire are recruiting a 3.5T Driver for a new depot in Reading to work for a retailer of high quality, stylish, handcrafted chairs, sofas and beds.
The customer experience sits at the very heart of everything you will do. Successful applicants will safely deliver hand crafted chairs/sofas and beds and complete assembly of these products on site. You will be of a friendly, caring nature and build a good rapport with the customers and/or their loved ones.
All successful applicants will work on a temp to perm for a period of 13 weeks before being offered a permanent role with the company.
The following rates are paid on a PAYE model, and are inclusive of advanced holiday pay.
Monday to Friday – £12.04 per hour (£10.75 plus holiday pay)
There is a minimum of 8 hours pay per shift.
Once temp to perm is complete, work will be Monday to Friday, guaranteed minimum 37.5hr week, pay will be £10.75 per hour plus 22 days annual leave.
Attractive benefits including:
- Employer-contributed pension scheme
- Westfield Health cash-back plan
- Staff discounts on HSL furniture and with other retailers
- Free-to-use Employee Assistance Programme
- HSL Group Life Insurance Scheme
Statutory holidays plus 22 days’ holiday, rising to 25 days based on length of service
Duties include providing excellent customer service, making multiple deliveries every day, loading and unloading furniture onto vehicles, installing products at customer premises, occasionally removing old furniture from customer premises and quality checking products and packaging.
You must have
- A full and valid UK driving licence.
- Previous commercial driving experience.
- Attainable references in a driving capacity.
- Be able to provide a 5 year work history.
If you are interested in this position, and feel that you meet the requirements, then apply ASAP.