Casual / Part time van driver. Furniture removals. Guildford. £10.03 per hour
Driver Hire is looking to recruit a part time Van Driver for ongoing work on behalf of a local charity furniture shop. The role will consist of working in a team of 2, collecting donated furniture and bringing it back to the shop, then delivering furniture purchased and also distributing bags of donated clothes between other shops in the area.
There will usually be around 12 collections a day of various household furniture items across the Guildford and surrounding areas. May be even as far south as Brighton. The role can be physically demanding as furniture of all shapes and sizes is being donated. You will need to be able to help carry it upstairs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for regular work as part of a friendly, hard working team. It may be just one or two days per week. But could be 3 or 4 some weeks if you are covering for one of the full time drivers having a day off.
**** Hours, Pay and Benefits ****
- £10.03 per hour (PAYE) including holiday money
- 8am start
- Minimum of 8 hours pay per day
- Could be any day from Monday to Saturday
- Part time work, providing cover for full time drivers.
- May be 1,2,3,or 4 days per week
**** Responsibilities and Requirements of the Cat B Van Driver ****
- Perform daily vehicle inspection checks
- Drive the Luton style van
- Assess the quality of furniture being donated to ensure it meets quality standards for resale
- Be reliable, polite and professional as you will be entering private houses and be the face of the charity
- Assist with efficient route planning and navigation
- Load and unload the van
- Carry furniture into houses and flats
- Assist with changing shop layouts and furniture displays
- Follow all rules of the road
- Full UK driving licence (Cat B)
- Verifiable work references
**** To Apply****
- Please call Richard, Phill or Chris on 01252 233000
- or email your CV to: email@example.com
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest provider of specialist recruitment services to the logistics industry, with over 100 offices nationwide we pride ourselves on our candidate satisfaction and in a recent survey 94% of our candidates said they were proud to work with Driver Hire. Every year we place 1000s of drivers into new roles, both permanent and temporary.