Driver Hire Taunton & Bridgwater are seeking to recruit a van driver to start immediately with our client based at Dunball, Bridgwater.
The hospitality trade is starting to open up following the recent lockdown and our client is seeing an increase in requirements from their customers. Our client is a leading supplier to the hospitality sector supplying non food catering items and cleaning materials.
We are looking for a van driver to assist with this increase in demand to deliver items to clubs, pubs, restaurants and care homes on set routes throughout the South West and South Wales throughout the Summer season. This role has the potential to become a Full time position within the company.
- To deliver products to sites on a set route (approximately 20 drops per route) as per daily paperwork
- Complete all paperwork relating to deliveries ensuring delivery notes are signed off by their customers
- Report any damaged items to the depot manager on your return
- To carry out daily vehicle checks and report any defects to the duty manager
- Ensure that the vehicle is driven in accordance the highway code and other road users
As a NLGV Van driver you will:
- Hold a valid UK Cat B licence
- Have no more than 6 penalty points on your licence, for insurance purposes No DD, DR or IN offences will be allowed
- To be able to demonstrate experience in multi drop deliveries up to 20 per day
- Own the relevant PPE, Safety footwear & Hi visual vest
- To be able to start immediately
Hours of work & Pay:
- The hourly rate is £9.30 paid via our in house payroll (PAYE)
- Wages are paid on a weekly basis
- Start times are from 06.00 hrs, Monday to Friday
- Holiday entitlement accrued from your first shift
- Pension contributions after qualifying period
Full induction is provided to include going out with one of our clients drivers for several shifts to gain familiarisation of paperwork and safe delivery practices
To app, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01823 332100 to arrange an appointment to register