We are recruiting on behalf of a Cambridge bulk haulage operator for night trunk Category C+E drivers. Applicants must hold valid CPC and digital tacho-card.
This is a temp to perm arrangement; after satisfactory completion of initial period, permanent employment will be offered to the successful candidates.
The key purpose of the job is the collection of bio-solids from source works and delivery to nominated points. Applicants must have a can-do attitude as once satisfactory completion of training and induction period you will be required to work on your own initiative.
Applicants must possess a strong command of both written and spoken English as you will need to maintain close liaison with the controlling team regarding operational issues i.e. changes to work instructions, health & safety issues, vehicle defects etc. In addition you will need to maintain good communication with Operations Co-ordinator regarding operational issues and liaison with local site operators and staff.
Key responsibilities (in addition to the above)
- Complete Daily Vehicle checks in line with current Road Transport Legislation
- Completion of Daily Work Schedule
- Full compliance with EU Driver Hours Regulations
- Support the Operations team and work colleagues in the promotion of Safe Systems of work and an overall Health & Safety culture
- Full compliance with internal procedures
- Maximum vehicle fill to be achieved in all cases
- Full and accurate completion of Tachograph records ensuring compliance with all internal systems and EU Tachograph Regulations
- Full and accurate completion of all paperwork issued
- Weekly return of completed driver weekly vehicle check sheet
- Flexibility covering shifts (holiday/sickness)
- All accidents and incidents correctly reported in line with internal systems
- All loads collected/delivered are accurately recorded in the site attendance book
If you feel you fit the criteria and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your CV to email@example.com
Visit our local office page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. We’d love to connect with you on social media so why not join our community online on Facebook and Twitter.