We are a driving agency and we supply drivers to local businesses who require a qualified driver to cover absences of their regular drivers along with sickness and holidays. Sometimes this is for a single day, but mostly it’s for a week or even on an ongoing basis during busy periods such as the summer months or the lead up to Christmas.
Our clients are happy to take newly qualified HGV drivers so that they can gain the experience to help them into the industry.
We are the UK’s number one driving agency, we have many clients within the South Devon area who book drivers regularly so there is no shortage of work. Full training is given and you’ll be using our clients vehicles.
About the job.
- The hours vary depending on the client you’re with and days usually start between 05:30 & 08:00 usually with job till finish.
- Pay Rate: £14.00 to £16.81 per hour PAYE Adv. (other PAYE models available) with weekend work and overtime.
- Guaranteed 8 hours pay per shift.
- Weekly pay.
- Discounted CPC.
- Varied work available depending on your preferences and skill set: food & drink, metals, refuse collections, building supplies (Hiab required), cage work, pallets, tanker and packages (ADR).
- Part time and full time positions available.
- A full and valid Category C (Class 2) licence with an in date CPC and digi cards are required with no more than 6 points & no DR, DD or IN convictions for insurance purposes.
- Although previous lorry driving experience is beneficial, training will also be provided for the right candidate. If you are new to this type of driving then we can provide you with the vital commercial experience required when looking for a full time job.
- The ability to lift and carry fairly heavy items throughout the day, as well as driving, is a requirement due to the physical nature of the jobs.
To apply or for more information call Driver Hire (Torbay) on 01364 644149.
What Driver Hire can offer you.
Driver Hire is the UK’s largest specialist transport and logistics recruitment company. We can provide regular, ongoing delivery driving work. We treat you as the true professional that you are and in our latest survey, 96% of our candidates said they were proud to work for us and 89% scored 8/10 or more when asked if they would recommend Driver Hire.
Connect with us & stay updated.
Visit our website and look at your local office’s page for more vacancies similar to this or create a MyDriverHire account to keep updated with our latest alerts. You can also keep up to date by following our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn pages by searching “Driver Hire (Torbay)”
Please have a look at our other roles for: Class 1, Class 2, 7.5T HGV, LGV & multi-drop van drivers. We are also always recruiting for warehouse staff, forklift drivers & driver’s mates. We have clients based within Torquay, Newton Abbot, Paignton, Totnes, South Brent, Kingsbridge, Salcombe & all around the South Devon area, with close commuter links from Plymouth & Exeter.