Are you looking for part time work?
During School Term time?
Do you have previous experience in a similar role to minibus driving?
If so Driver Hire Chelmsford and Harlow would like to hear from you!
Our Client based in Dunmow is currently looking for a Mini Bus Driver for a local school during term time.
The right candidate will hold a fill UK Driving licence with a D1 Entitlement.
Committed to delivering excellent customer service.
Able to work independently and contribute within a team.
Previous experience working within the education sector / working within a similar would be desirable.
Responsibilities include the following;
· To check the minibus prior to driving to ensure that there are no faults or damage to the vehicle
· Responsible for completing and submitting the VOSA checklist prior to driving
· To complete a mileage record sheet for each bus run
· To drive to pick-up points to ensure pupils are collected on time as directed by the Transport Manager
· Ensure pupils arrive promptly at Felsted for 8.15am (traffic and weather dependant)
· To drop pupils off at School Houses or drop-off points
· To remain with pupils at drop-off points where necessary until parent(s)/guardian(s) arrive
· The driver is to open and close the side passenger door for pupils to enter and leave the minibus. The rear door is only to be used in the event of an emergency
· Return minibus to the parking area as indicated by the Transport Officer
· Remove any rubbish from the vehicle and ensure that it is left clean and tidy
· Responsible for checking all seat belts are in good working order
· Ensure that the minibus is left locked with all doors and windows closed
· Be responsible for ensuring that the minibus is not left completely empty of fuel
· Report all complaints and incidents with pupils, parents or the public to the Transport Officer on return to the school
- Not to enter into any agreement with parents for picking up and dropping off children at any points not agreed at the time of booking with the Transport Officer
· To become First Aid Trained as required
- Undertake the Minibus Driver Awareness Scheme (MIDAS) qualification
- Any other reasonable ad-hoc duties as requested.
Term-time only (34 weeks per year)
16 hours per week (on flexible basis)
Monday – Friday
From 06:15am to 08:30am and 17:15pm to 19:30pm
Saturdays from 06:15am to 08:30am – this to be agreed in advance with the transport manager.
£12.50ph – 16 hours per week.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From £6,254.26 per year